• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find good NTC Cummins motor?

armytruckdiesel

We changed the oil and moved the truck approx 25 miles into town. We were hoping that the oil change and filter would bring up the oil pressure but it remains around 30 psi when running down the road at 50-55mph. We are going to see if new rods and mains would help but if I could get a good running NTC for about the same price I would go that route. Any suggestions, contacts for good NTC's????? I can have the rods and mains done for approx $600.
Thanks again,
Andy

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy,
Check it with known good master 1st. Is it an NTC or NHC..turboed or not? FFC or non FFC? FFC will have a metal suction tube from the pan to the lube pump located at the LH front of the pan, very short. 40-45 PSI cold 15-20 hot idle is normal, should be 35-40 at road speed, hot or cold. Non FFC has a long #20 stratoflex or similar suction tube from the lube pump to the sump of the pan. 75-90 cold, 40-55 hot idle, 50 to 60 going down the road. $600 is OK, I charge $550. Make sure they use Genuine Cummins junk! Oh Yeah, 15w40 oil. Straight wt. oils will cause low OP issues as will Baldwin filters. Use a Fleetgard or Fleetrite..Cummins or International... both are made by Cummins.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW very easily fixed in-frame, unless the crank is junk.

armytruckdiesel

Thanks for the info. We are going to have a Cummins mechanic take a look at it shortly to see what needs to be done. I'll keep you updated.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have a block with some parts. dont know if its any good, it was in the weather without the heads when i went to pick it up im in louisiana so is way down here