• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find M105A2 brake parts?

Mike O

I'm rebuilding the brakes on my M105A2 and have had good luck finding most stuff at NAPA but I can't find proper banjo bolts anywhere. Mine are so rusty that the wrench won't even fit the heads anymore. Also some of the banjo fittings are messed up from someone installing improperly flared hard lines and then over-tightening them. Can anyone direct me to a vendor who has small brake parts for a 105?

Mike O

Erik's was the first place I tried. Unfortunately, my trailer brakes are not the same as my Deuce. My trailer has upper and lower wheel cylinders like an M211/M135. I had the guy at Erik's measure the fitting and bolt for the M35 and 5 tons shown on their site and they were 1/2. Mine are 7/16. Will try calling Saturn today.

jasonjc

Erik's was the first place I tried. Unfortunately, my trailer brakes are not the same as my Deuce. My trailer has upper and lower wheel cylinders like an M211/M135. I had the guy at Erik's measure the fitting and bolt for the M35 and 5 tons shown on their site and they were 1/2. Mine are 7/16. Will try calling Saturn today.

Most newer M105 trailers (also most other trailer of this size like M149's) use the older M135/M211 brakes.
Older M105 use the M35 brakes.
Hope this helps some.

jasonjc

Why are the brake fitting so hard to find????? I've been looking for new tee's for one of my trailers and can't find them. I just googled some of the part number for the bandjo fitting and the same thing nothing. Unless you count "those" parts place's that want you to tell them what you need and they will get back too you.

But some place's pop up in ,I hate to say it but chaina, that will make them for you , 500pc min. I wounder if it would be worth it to have all the fittings made.??

runk

If you have the dimensions (there doesn't seem to be a US/English standard, and none of the parts numbers in the TM seem to directly cross to anything I can find), have you tried the racing suppliers ?

www.pegasusautoracing.com
Search Results for brake banjo bolts - SummitRacing.com
banjo - JEGS High Performance

etc.

Or if you have a local speed shop, take one in. I've replaced a fair number of oddball British brake fittings this way. There is a metric standard, as I found looking for parts for my grey market tractor.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
get with 100dollarman. He bobbed a mess of trucks and used 105 trailers. He might have axles sitting on the ground.

Last edited: