• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find tubes and flaps for 36x12.5's?

TBigLug

Actually, the RT2's are bias-ply which means they at least need tubes. I found out they don't need flaps if not mounted on a split rim and my tire guy can get me tubes. You're probably thinking of the 37x12.5's which are the newer radials.

TedG

John,

What rims are you using? As stated, you should not need tubes or flaps...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have bias ply on my M725 and don't use tubes or flaps. The rim design would be the deciding factor, not the tire.

TBigLug

I know it's noy hard to do, but now I'm confused. I was always told "bias ply" tires meant you had to use tubes regardless of the rim? So you guys are saying I can run a bias ply tire on a radial rim without a tube? That would be sweet and I would proudly stand corrected. FWIW, I'm using a 16.5x9 wagon wheel that had tubeless tires on it.

TBigLug

Man, I apologize to everyone. I've been doing some research and found out you're all right. My whole life I've thought that bias ply meant tubes but turns out, that's not true. My bad. Did you ever learn something that turned your whole world on it's ear?

1OFONLY10UKH1

Banned
Dear All,

Great just found this amazing forum - glad to be part of the Steel Soldiers - Listen guys I have some items that I need to locate for my 1998 H1 Wagon

4 x Kevlar X doors

1 x roof hatch from a Military spec HMMWV - yes yes I know they are supposed to leak but thats my deal I will sort just the part please

the Pin spot light for the front of the truck that is used for the Convoys to help to disperse the light from Ariel vision goes on the er...left hand side at the front lights their is a space for it...

Let me know guys have couriers ready to roll with $$$$$$$$ whole Continental US wide no problem.

Check out my site at www.arniestyle.com I am waving the Flag for H1's in the UK .....I am the only one regularly driving past Buckingham Palace to remind the Queen of England about the Steel Soldiers the H1 Movement!!!

Lets Lock and load

Regards

Mark

ClarkeF

I know it's noy hard to do, but now I'm confused. I was always told "bias ply" tires meant you had to use tubes regardless of the rim? So you guys are saying I can run a bias ply tire on a radial rim without a tube?

WHOA,

The HMMWV bias ply RTII tires - on a HMMWV 2-piece rim, WITH beadlock/runflat is designed for use without tube. A bias-ply tire on a rim designed for radials, or without runflats in the HMMWV wheel is a very bad idea as the bead can roll-off.

Regards,

Clarke

akt12

Where can I get tubes and flaps for my 36x12.5x16.5 RT2's? And, what are the flaps and what do they do?
I need tubes also. My aftermarket alum one piece mickey thompson rims are so wide none of the local shops can set the bead. Previously one guys sold tubes which worked well.

I now need a new source.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks