• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get a torque converter for the Allison MT 654CR transmission?

So, unfortunately I need a torque converter for my transmission now. Cant find any on the auction sites either.

Can anyone direct me to a place or someone that has these at a reasonable price?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's wrong with yours.
I had a transmission burn out with broke clutch packs
And had to reuse mine.
I sent it to a transmission guy he took it apart and cleaned it and checked everything.it's back in service

What's wrong with yours.
I had a transmission burn out with broke clutch packs
And had to reuse mine.
I sent it to a transmission guy he took it apart and cleaned it and checked everything.it's back in service

Ah, supposedly its about to go according a guy that does mobile heavy truck repairs in this area. It's been grinding more and more in the past few months and is really rattling/clanging now.

KaiserM109

Hey, if all else fails, I have a pull-out from when my low gear pack blew in cold weather (long, sad story). It's a pay-it-forward if you will foot the cost of shipping from Denver.

It came out of an '84 M923A1 and was in front of an Allison MT654CR. You can have the transmission, too.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The converter has to come from the same engine. A NHC250 won't work for the 8.3
Different power curves so I was told by transmission guys at Allison.