• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get cucv body parts

71blksuper4x4

There are also many more places to find parts for the m1009 and m1008. There is also a great board with a bunch of knowledge at 67-72chevytrucks.com that has the different eras of trucks/blazers etc. which includes 73-91 chevy trucks and blazers. Don't be afraid to join the board to find parts. Trevor

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are also many more places to find parts for the m1009 and m1008. There is also a great board with a bunch of knowledge at 67-72chevytrucks.com that has the different eras of trucks/blazers etc. which includes 73-91 chevy trucks and blazers. Don't be afraid to join the board to find parts. Trevor
What he said.

3dubs

Do not save money on new body parts. You get what you pay for. If it is cheap then it may not fit without modifications that might be a bigger pain than starting with a flat piece sheet metal! If you want to save money go to a junk yard. Do some research and find what body parts wil interchange what will not. Likw the front quarter panels. The only difference may be the side marker lights. If you are replacing both then it may not matter. you also may get some parts for a Blazer from a pick-up. Talk to a shop, look at the catalogs and compare part numbers. With a plasma cutter and a mig welder you can just use sheet metal. You just need to match the curve of the body. Even a body panel from a junk yard that is damaged but the area you need is good, you can get those for almost nothing. It just depends on how much cutting, welding you are cormftorble with. You may just want to spend the money. But saving money means more work for you. A trip to a few junk yards is not too hard.

JohnFire

I had ordered cab corners from jcwhitney for an M1008 and the left and right were from two different manufacturers. One was from keyparts made it taiwan i think. The other was Tabco made in USA. I hate to say it, the Tabco was lighter metal, a lousy stamp that I had to make fit and had no coating on it. The one from Keyparts was heavier metal fit right in and was coated. It must be because we send all of our good scrapmetal to those countries.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks