• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get new injectors or rebuild kit?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok got the injectors tips from ebay and they are not the NBM770138 that are used in the multi fuel. They are NBM770055 and have four holes. I to wondered how they would work as they look to be the correct size. Since the design of the piston and spray pattern with the multi fuel 0138 was for fuels that had low cetane to prevent the fuel reaching cracking Temps. So wonder if just diesel was used could it help with atomization and not having a piston change.
I have to decide if I want to try them or just send them back. I don't think without a dyno I would not be able to tell anything.
So sorry guys don't get the tips if you need two hole. I have a pic of the add so there will not be a question on return as false ad.

Last edited:

rustystud

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...8197B8174C3AE1D2AF9E8197B8174C3AE&FORM=WRVORC

Looks like both holes mist in the vid. Don't think a stream would atomize very well. Do believe they still mist but most of it is directed into the center of the piston instead of just the charged air that is coming in. This is for fuels that have low cetane number. That's why I believe the two hole works better no matter what the fuel. If your tips are streaming you might need new tips. Myself if I bought any of the 20 buck injectors I would still pop test them as they have been sitting for 40 years.
Also the TM has the test pop pressure 2800 /2850 and rebuilt set up at 3000psi. There have been people say they tested there injectors and they popped at 3500. The vid the guy said he checked his specs and they call for 3200. That is why I said before set them at 3200 as that is just about half way between 2850 per tm and the 3500 people say they found. There might be a perfect number between 2800 and 3500 but I don't know.
OK, I keep forgetting how "Anal" all you guys are ! Yes technically it is a heavy mist not a stream, but the basic principal I layed out is correct.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey I just like the spherical turbulation direction.
In the patent book two hole type injectors are depicted with the reason why.
Are the two injector holes different sizes?
Spherical turbulation.jpg

multifuel piston sectioned.jpg

MAN hypercycle engine patent 2907308.jpg

injector hole size.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cant get a good pic of the holes or measure without some gage pins. I would say yes the side hole looks a little bigger. I am sending the tips I just got back as it is clearly false advertising.
Looks like the two hole tips are the best way to go with the multi fuel piston no matter what fuel we run.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm fine with it not being mutifuel but like I said the 478 herc in the Oliver tractors, the 2050 NA and 2150 turbo the injector bodies and injector lengths are the same as LDT 465 and most likely LDS 465. I have one of each tractors both mfwd 4x4 tractors and am rebuilding my set in the 2150 and noticed they are the exact same injector the tips are different though. They are a 4 hole and offer a very nice atomization.
Are the piston's the same in your tractors or are they a type of mulitfuel engines?
I just can't see the four hole spray pattern working well with the pistons and intake we have. Would it run yes guess any amount of holes would run but not get the best burn / air ratio we need.

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is the one new injector I bought to study.
One hole .0177 and one hole .0157.
It may not be just straight drilled or EDM'd holes and I suspect there may be an chamfer inside either by the shape of the inside at the holes or created by machining.
I used to rebuild and calibrate jet engine fuel manifolds. The thousands of jet engine injector nozzle tips actually did wear out and sticking pins in there just ruined the finish. I even tried to lap some as they were very expensive. Saved maybe only 30% of them.
I wish I had the blueprints.
Anyhow, here is photos for the General, close up, to answer questions, of my one new Ambac injector.
The smaller of the holes by .002" is aligned more with the center of the nozzle. Note that the hole sizes indicated are in tenth of thousands of and inch, and to me, when written that way is the size plus or minus nothing.
Note .0157" is one tenth larger than a 1/64" twist drill and .0177" is between the number twist drills #77+ #78.
IMG_5173.jpgIMG_5185.jpgIMG_5183.jpgIMG_5182.jpgIMG_5180.jpgIMG_5179.jpgIMG_5178.jpgIMG_5177.jpgIMG_5174.jpgIMG_5186.jpg

Phooey, I don't have the means to measure the holes anymore.
I looked but no cigar. Somebody with some tools will have to measure.
IMG_5188.jpg

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talking with Chris yesterday and he said there was no seat of the pants feeling when he changed to the two hole. Maybe just a little cleaner burn when on diesel fuel.
Guess the amazing thing about the design is that it is able to run low cetane number fuels or things like gasoline and not cause pre detonation that would tear up any motor. Knock Knock. Who's there.

Last edited:

rustystud

Talking with Chris yesterday and he said there was no seat of the pants feeling when he changed to the two hole. Maybe just a little cleaner burn when on diesel fuel.
Guess the amazing thing about the design is that it is able to run low cetane number fuels or things like gasoline and not cause pre detonation that would tear up any motor. Knock Knock. Who's there.
I guess when the pump is set up correctly to use the two pin hole injector there would be no difference in power feel. Just like you mentioned, your probably getting a better burn on different fuels.

97duallystroker

IMG_1220.jpgIMG_1220.jpgThere's is the 478 herc piston sorry it took so long guys I have been super busy with builds lately. Just ordered an ouverson 4.90 regear kit. Who has the link to the guy making different 5th gear over drive gears for our trucks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks