• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get paint

greenmonster

I have been searching the Forum and found some pics of paint cans and some part numbers but where does everyone buy carc paint from?

I have found a few places these are the ones,

Chemsol

Top Secret Coatings

Surplus City Jeep Parts

Does anyone have any good sources they would like to share, I would like to paint my truck but am having trouble sorting through all the different kinds and the applications process's. I would like as close to original as possible.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS! I just painted my M151A2 with 24087 semi-gloss from Ben's Paint Supply in Orlando. Ben's Paint Supply | PPG Distributor – We Help Our Customers Satisfy Theirs The Orlando store has the book of military colors all mapped out, from WWII to CARC equivalent colors. The paint is high quality and was VERY easy to apply with a spray gun. Just pick the era you want your truck to represent, and order a couple gallons.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sherwin Williams is one of the vendors. You may have to shop stores as some will not sell to the public.

PPG is another.

If you do an advanced search for "Sherwin Williams" you will find 209 threads that talk about it.

Last edited:

greenmonster

I guess I need to learn to use the search function better I did a bunch of searches for paint and came up with squat I also did a search for my posts and it came up with nothing. I will do the sherman search and see what that gets me. Thanks

greenmonster

I know this is not adding to this thread but I did a search for paint and paints and what paint and carc and all came up with nothing I did a search for greenmonster and came back with no results as well. I did standard search for Sherman Williams nothing did advanced search and everything under the sun came up. I also have to admit I did not see the paint section of this forum so if the moderator would like to move this thread there I am cool with that or I will just delete it. Thanks for the paint store comment helped out loads, why didn't I think of that.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
greenmonster the site is broken down into forums. Try this one Paint and Bodywork - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite just opening shows several on paint, then if you still need to search that forum A lot of us on here use Behr house paint which is at you Home Depot.
BTW anything in orange in a thread is a link, just click and off you go, easy peazy! It looks like the closest to you is in Mt.
Billings #3101
2784 King Ave West, Billings, MT, 59102
(406) 655-9038

Last edited:

commandojeff

I don't even bother with the search function on this forum, or on any forum for that matter haha. I never like how they are setup. I just go to google and type what I want, then put "steel soldiers" behind it. Works great. Welcome!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't even bother with the search function on this forum, or on any forum for that matter haha. I never like how they are setup. I just go to google and type what I want, then put "steel soldiers" behind it. Works great. Welcome!
Open a Google search:

site:steelsoldiers.com paint

Or follow San Francisco Dave - The Beef King (mwmules) instructions.

Goose2448

I know this is not adding to this thread but I did a search for paint and paints and what paint and carc and all came up with nothing I did a search for greenmonster and came back with no results as well. I did standard search for Sherman Williams nothing did advanced search and everything under the sun came up. I also have to admit I did not see the paint section of this forum so if the moderator would like to move this thread there I am cool with that or I will just delete it. Thanks for the paint store comment helped out loads, why didn't I think of that.
Sorry you left yourself open for that one. But really, go down to your local paint store and ask them about it. If they don't know, they might know someone that will have it. I find talking to someone face to face the best way to find things I need.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get all my spray cans from Rapco. If I need gallons I go to the local PPG paint store. I have spray painted a piece of metal with Rapco paint to take to the PPG for matching. The match is spot on. I had just as well order my gallon paint from Rapco but the haz mat shipping kills you.

I'm not a real big fan of real CARC. It doesn't spray as well, is more toxic compared to other paints, and is usually quite a bit more expensive than a enamel paint.

Bthrasher4

Just for an fyi Sherman is a tank and not a paint store....the correct name is Sherwin Williams... :)

jedawson1

FYI, I spoke to my local Sherwin Williams about carc and they directed me to Nashville, TN which is their local automotive division store. If your local store says they can't get carc, ask them where there nearest automotive store is.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, I spoke to my local Sherwin Williams about carc and they directed me to Nashville, TN which is their local automotive division store. If your local store says they can't get carc, ask them where there nearest automotive store is.
Did you speak to the Nashville automotive store? I have in the past and when I mentioned CARC they didn't know what I was talking about. I first talked to the industrial store and they told me to call the automotive store. When I called the automotive store they told me to call the industrial store. After all that I just gave up.

Why on earth they have to have so many stores (residential, industrial, automotive) of the same brand is beyond me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks