• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to Get Power Steering Pump Bracket

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any of the parts houses. It is a standard PS pump from a 1984 K30 truck with the Jcode engine, and hydroboost brakes.

Autozone #7068 for the pump w/reservoir or #7272 for the pump by itself.

NAPA NSP 819277 or NSP 811411

You will need to borrow a pully puller. Be sure to check the mounting braket as they like to crack.

I have tried to rebuild one with a kit but had no lick. I ended up breaking the internals and screwing up the two kits I bought. aua

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I missread the title. Sorry.

Dealer item only. Or used from someone parting out a truck.

GM 14033879

Tanner

You'll probably find that the bracket was used on multiple trucks (C/K-series, P-series, etc) over the years that had J-code diesel engine...

Tanner

Stihl029

i had to replae mine about a year and a half ago. i just called up the stealership with the part number from the manual and i was able to get one sent to me in Kodiak. it was not the cheapest thing but it was not too bad either

killer_kricket

I called every dismantler I can find in my area and turned up with squat, Does anybody have a source where they can get this part? Dealership all list discontinued and cannot find it.

BTW: GM14033879

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact HAWKMAN here on the site. He many have one off a parts truck.

3dAngus

I have one if you still need it. Shoot me a PM.
-John
WOW! Way cool!
I also recall a very talented SSer here making some neat alternator brackets and selling them. Probably better than originals. He might be able to fabricate one for you if he had the old part.

I hope bigJ has the part for you. Good luck!

kentuckycucv

I got on this site bc of that damb bracket. bought a new one ...it broke..welded it...now the top pivot bolt broke....Im going to have that welded too. GM has sold millions of them... so i have broke 3 in 4 yrs less than 30k miles...they will keep breaking.

apoc34

My power steering pump bracket snapped in 2 places. Does anyone know where I can get one at? All the part stores around where i live say its discontinued :(