• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get white wire for harness repair

Bowtie70SS

I am looking for the white 18gauge? teflon covered wire thaat is used in the A2 harness so I can build the middle part of my 4L80 harness. Is it available? I purchased a NOS harness from a APC or something to get the male and female connectors as well as the rubber coated black wire. I have gathered most parts, would love to have the proper wire to piece out the trans to computer harness.Thanks

ryanruck

Is this the stuff?

http://www.nteinc.com/wire/PTFE.php

They specifically mention military applications.

If so, their distributor list says MicroCenter in Columbus carries their hook-up wire line but no mention of the one in Sharonville. Might be worth a call or trip to the Sharonville store to see if they can get it from Columbus or order it themselves.

Looking forward to seeing the trans install! We'll have to drag race when you're done! :mrgreen:

Bowtie70SS

Thanks. I messaged a ebay seller as well. I need to figure out how much I need, probably around 80-100ft. I have zero doubt that the swap will go ok, I made the harness for my M1028 and it is doing great.

Wire Fox

Hey, fill me in when you know more! I'm getting ready to start this part of my transmission install as well. I did notice that on my TCM harness stub, all of the 18GA wire had heatshrink added for no reason except to bulk-up the wires and fill out the grommet. Makes me wonder if you really could just use 16GA the whole was for logistical simplicity, but I do see the appeal in staying original on those sensor wires!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks