• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to go for winch repair parts?

BugEyeBear

Consider this, If you replace the light metal plates with something more substantial. If you make a mistake and overwind the cable on one side your plates may not "give" like the originals, then you will most likely break the winch case where your plates bolt on.
Good Point!

Kinda like the function of the shear pin on the winch driveshaft.

I have a custom-built Jeep Rock-Crawler with 1-ton Chevy axles & a Chevy IROC-Z powerplant. I opted to use U-jpints instead of the stronger CV-joints so that these would be the weak link in the driveline.
My logic here is that it is easy to swap in a new set of U-joints, even on the trail. Much easier than replacing xfercase internals or an axle shaft.
Even with the U-joints as the weak link I've still broken an axle shaft on occasion, but probably less-often than if I didn't have "sacrificial" U-joints.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks