• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to grab power from.

junkyardog

where can i grab a couple power supplys on my truck. i didnt want to go off the battery to supply some extra lights and a converter to run a few 12 volt assesories.i cant seam to reach up under the dash far enough to get it off the on off switch. once she starts this winter sometimes we plow 20-30 hours straight. i didnt want to drain my batterys by grabbing power from them. has any one boosted there alt to close to 100 amp instead of 60. i would have a alt shop do it. i just didnt know if it can be done. thanks

BEASTMASTER

hey guy,i've got a 60 amp on my 5 ton, and i haven't had any trouble with it. here's what i run while plowing, two- 24 volt twirly beacons
1- 24 volt heater
1-12 volt heater
3 -triple flash strobe lites
two sets of 12 volt wig- wag amber lites on the rear
1 set of 24 volt plow lites
can't forget the stereo system which you cannot plow without
can't forget the 24 volt plowpump :driver:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ill have to go look for those curcuit breakers as i need some power for some additional lights on 816 many thanks indeed TIm