• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to sell a M35A3?

scarryy

Hi all,
I am a long time inactive member who didn't post much as it was. But I've always found the site to be a great resource for knowledge and info anything military. Have a MEP803a and MEP-003a that I've learned a lot about here.

Anyway, a friend of mine bought a 93 M35A3 a few years ago, drove it a few times and realized he has no practical use for it. I am trying to help him sell it and having trouble figuring out where to even start. I don't see any trucks for sale on craigslist and a grand total of 2 on ebay. Both sites seem full of scammers and spammers. Several years ago I listed a pickup on craigslist there were dozens of paypal scam replies, and I'm sure there are lots of new tricks now...

Anyways, I'm not really looking to become a premium member just to list this one truck for my friend, but I'd really appreciate any advice on where to put this thing out there for sale. We are in a very rural area so the local classifieds are a pretty thin pool.

Thanks for your time

Scarryy

davidb56

Hi all,
I am a long time inactive member who didn't post much as it was. But I've always found the site to be a great resource for knowledge and info anything military. Have a MEP803a and MEP-003a that I've learned a lot about here.

Anyway, a friend of mine bought a 93 M35A3 a few years ago, drove it a few times and realized he has no practical use for it. I am trying to help him sell it and having trouble figuring out where to even start. I don't see any trucks for sale on craigslist and a grand total of 2 on ebay. Both sites seem full of scammers and spammers. Several years ago I listed a pickup on craigslist there were dozens of paypal scam replies, and I'm sure there are lots of new tricks now...

Anyways, I'm not really looking to become a premium member just to list this one truck for my friend, but I'd really appreciate any advice on where to put this thing out there for sale. We are in a very rural area so the local classifieds are a pretty thin pool.

Thanks for your time

Scarryy
what county are you in Idaho?

scarryy

Before anything, please take a minute to re-read our Classifieds Rules....
I have just done so, and it seems that I cannot list this truck since I do not own it. As I said, I am trying to help a friend sell his M35A3. He is not computer or internet savvy and can barely use his flip phone. There is nothing that is not legit about it, but it appears I have wasted my time and $15. Guess I should have read the rules before taking the advice to upgrade, live and/or learn....

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry that ya feel that way! This site has been "priceless" for me and the MV's that I have owned. Ya never know, someone might read this thread, if it is kept "alive" and if your friend doesn't want to get rich off of one truck, it could already be sold. Ya never know. I've gotten WAY more support and information from S.S. than the measly fifteen bucks could provide on it's own. I wish you and your friend the VERY best with your endeavor and hope ya come around and share more often here.!!

Id also list truck on FB market place, Ebay, and Craigslist...................more exposure, more opportunity. I've got a vehicle for sale in classifieds now, and that's the only place I will list it, as I want it to go to another MV enthusiast.

scarryy

Sorry that ya feel that way! This site has been "priceless" for me and the MV's that I have owned. Ya never know, someone might read this thread, if it is kept "alive" and if your friend doesn't want to get rich off of one truck, it could already be sold. Ya never know. I've gotten WAY more support and information from S.S. than the measly fifteen bucks could provide on it's own. I wish you and your friend the VERY best with your endeavor and hope ya come around and share more often here.!!

Id also list truck on FB market place, Ebay, and Craigslist...................more exposure, more opportunity. I've got a vehicle for sale in classifieds now, and that's the only place I will list it, as I want it to go to another MV enthusiast.
Thanks Tony. Nothing against the site, as I said earlier I've actually been a registered member for years though not very active recently. SS has an amazing wealth of knowledge and many helpful members. No complaints there.

It is just a bit disappointing that I am told "upgrade so you can post in the classifieds" by two members to then immediately told "not so fast, read the rules" which prohibit me from doing exactly what I stated I wanted to do from the get go. That's fine, they aren't mods and I'm sure they meant no harm. I should have waited and looked more before upgrading. My bad.

Can I get a ruling from the mods here?
If I cannot post this truck in the classifieds can I start a "Here is my friend's M35A3 that he wants to get rid of. PM me if interested?" thread?​

ToddJK

Thanks Tony. Nothing against the site, as I said earlier I've actually been a registered member for years though not very active recently. SS has an amazing wealth of knowledge and many helpful members. No complaints there.

It is just a bit disappointing that I am told "upgrade so you can post in the classifieds" by two members to then immediately told "not so fast, read the rules" which prohibit me from doing exactly what I stated I wanted to do from the get go. That's fine, they aren't mods and I'm sure they meant no harm. I should have waited and looked more before upgrading. My bad.

Can I get a ruling from the mods here?
If I cannot post this truck in the classifieds can I start a "Here is my friend's M35A3 that he wants to get rid of. PM me if interested?" thread?​
My bad bud, I need to stay more up to date on the rules.

charlesmann

I'm Kamiah. May have just seen you./him. You have a pic?
Do you know a kevin beckman from kamiah? I used to work with him.

@scarryy

do you know the hayes family? I was in the army with a thomas hayes, who grew up in orafino.

I was in grangeville for several months working the fires in that area. We had the black and white tandem ch-47d chinook with a water bucket under it.

• Wow
Reactions: HDN

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
If they would have me I can do good with a 69 M35A2
Would make enough I guess, but could come home with a dump bed on the Deuce.
I made inventions, would not even have to buy much fuel.
..... lets see 33334 to 10958
I could come out of being retired and work again............................
19 hr 4 min (1,309.5 mi) via I-95 N
Always been a dreamer..................

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know a kevin beckman from kamiah? I used to work with him.

@scarryy

do you know the hayes family? I was in the army with a thomas hayes, who grew up in orafino.

I was in grangeville for several months working the fires in that area. We had the black and white tandem ch-47d chinook with a water bucket under it.
I know very few her as we have only been here 3 years. Moved here from Texas when I retired in 2018.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks