• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where's AHAB ?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 769202View attachment 769203View attachment 769204View attachment 769205 Not a Military Vehicle, but consider this support equipment. I had been looking for a Coleman Model 520 Stove for some time, and found this one at the MVCC Meet at Plymouth CA. in April. This one is dated U.S. C.M. MFG CO. 1943. Most I have come across have been incomplete, the can missing, the feet missing along with other pieces. I scrounged up the Operating Manual off E-Bay, and acquired a 2 and a half cup coffee pot along with a gallon of new Coleman fuel. I haven't fired it up yet, but hope to take a run at it next week. The 2 bayonet lock utensils in which the stove is stored can be used for preparation of hot food. The larger utensil will hold two cans of "C" ration Meat Unit. By placing the two cans of "C" Ration in the larger utensil and filling with sufficient water, these "C" Rations can be heated in approximately six minutes. The smaller utensil can be used for the preparation of coffee. I think I'll do the honor of making the first pot using some C-Rat coffee!
Good score, Tracer!
There's nothin' like a hot meal for a hungry army. Even if it does come just one or two portions at a time.
Looks like a good compliment to a bug-our box.

Let us know how your test batches turn out, please.

Guyfang

Staff member
View attachment 769202View attachment 769203View attachment 769204View attachment 769205 Not a Military Vehicle, but consider this support equipment. I had been looking for a Coleman Model 520 Stove for some time, and found this one at the MVCC Meet at Plymouth CA. in April. This one is dated U.S. C.M. MFG CO. 1943. Most I have come across have been incomplete, the can missing, the feet missing along with other pieces. I scrounged up the Operating Manual off E-Bay, and acquired a 2 and a half cup coffee pot along with a gallon of new Coleman fuel. I haven't fired it up yet, but hope to take a run at it next week. The 2 bayonet lock utensils in which the stove is stored can be used for preparation of hot food. The larger utensil will hold two cans of "C" ration Meat Unit. By placing the two cans of "C" Ration in the larger utensil and filling with sufficient water, these "C" Rations can be heated in approximately six minutes. The smaller utensil can be used for the preparation of coffee. I think I'll do the honor of making the first pot using some C-Rat coffee!
I had and used one up until the early 80's. Worked great! It's still possible to find them here in Germany. I saw one in Berlin, at a swap meet, and a very nice one in Schweinfurt last year also. I have never seen the TM. That's really a good score!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks