• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheres all the folks using antifreeze in their tires ?????

coachgeo

I have put filtered/de-oiled second-hand AF from junkyards in my farm tractor tires for decades since the traditional calcium chloride is so corrosive it rots the rims out with the slightest leak in a tube or valve stem in a matter of a few years .. Of course we do this for tractive weight, not balance..

A fairly-new practice for farmers and construction is BEET JUICE for ballast .. Maybe you could try that instead of AF for balancing your tires, it's biodegradable and supposedly will not freeze.. I have even thought about using waste vegetable oil . As for special tools, there is something called a "water valve" that can be bought at any Tractor Supply chain store or similar .. They have a 3/4" water hose connection and screw onto the valve stem, and an air vent for the obvious reason
interesting idea on the used AF. Beet juice is not new new of an idea. Folk are $hying away from it becau$e it ha$ gotten unbearably Expen$ive for the average $mall farmer$

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
problem with this and RV water lines/tank antifreeze is it has alcohol in it. May affect rubber..... and is flammable.
He has been using the windshield washer fluid for over 25 years but you are correct, certain alcohol's may affect rubber.. And as far as flammable, everyone could use a little excitement once in awhile .. Just ask us who own gasser M51's, M52's, and M62's which come with a fuel tank cap that vents near the flame-spewing tailpipe tip :D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks