• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where's the best place to buy a radiator?

kapnklug

Need a new radiator for my '85 M1009? Looks like it's leaking from the driver's side tank, but if I'm gonna take it out, might as well replace the whole thing. Anyone got a good deal?

Sine Metu

I had a leak in the same spot it sounds like (Driver side solder joint?) anyways here is a website that stocks aluminum radiators, however, it does not say anything about what this one is made of, other than that it has EOC and TOC.... the one you need is the 8th one down I believe 84 1984 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Radiator - Cooling System - Vista-Pro Automotive, Action Crash, Proliance Ready Rad - PartsGeek

Now when I needed mine, they were not stocking it, and I ended up getting one at a local radiator shop by my house. The name of the place is Transmission/Exchange Radiator service. 8297 Centreville Road. Manassas VA, 20111. 703 368 1880 OR 703 361 4840 I'm not sure if that place can ship to you or not, but I know they had mine, well a 3 flu radiator instead of the stock 2 Flu. also the one I got from them is not Aluminum but all brass and solder. Hope this helps!

dstang97

RockAuto Auto Parts best place to buy stuff.

Just found a discount code.. so if you want it PM me. Rock auto sells the same exact stuff as advanced/ napa/ carquest except a lot cheaper usually.

SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # CU850 {#432098, 850}
$259.79

Last edited:

kapnklug

So in answer to my original question, where's the best place to get a radiator, after much comparison shopping, Dstang is correct that RockAuto.com is the place to go. Napa wanted $440 plus tax, RockAuto has em for $260 plus $12 shipping. This is also the highest quality unit I could find, with larger EOC and TOC and made of copper, not aluminum.
Many thanx to Dstang for also giving me his discount code, saved me $12.99!!!

grayw0lf

Make sure its not the overflow tank. I replaced my radiator with a NOS unit and it was still leaking to find out it was only the darn overflow tank the whole time. Well now i have a spare radiator.
I thought I had a leaky radiator too! I was very glad to see it was just the weak, old plastic overflow bottle!

lavarok

What about a local radiator shop? Support local business when you can! I was able to find one for my M1031 locally for less than your rockauto price above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks