• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where's the Land-Rover Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiterabbit

"Stay Calm and Carry On"
Tatras, Urals, ZILs. What's those?? Oh, now I remember, I think we used those for targets for the Bradleys. :tank:
I'll save a spot at the rally for all those Tatras and Bradleys to park.:confused:
I might have to bring a M88 seeing that Military Land Rovers apparently aren't welcome!;)

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Last weekend's rally had 5 Military Land Rovers show up. Just here in little ole East Tennessee.

I still believe it's a shame that we are discriminated against on Steel Soldiers. Land Rovers are at the Steel Soldiers Rallies, and will be again in a few weeks. I haven't noticed any Tatras, Urals, ZILs or Bradleys there... all of which makes me feel not just discriminated against, but really, just downright insulted.
HA.............you should join our alienated group of owning a 50's & 60's 5 ton.........we got muscled out of our own section.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HA.............you should join our alienated group of owning a 50's & 60's 5 ton.........we got muscled out of our own section.
I own one of those "alienated" trucks as well. You didn't get muscled out of anything. This has been explained ad-naseam (in the forums and to you directly) as to why the there will not be separate forums for these and the M35/A2/A3 trucks. I hope there's no need for any further action.

vtdeucedriver

Own just one?? No need for further action, I just dont go in that section anymore ...............I just feel bad for the new MV collector that might end up buying one. Im sure he will enjoy the search feature that really does not work if you dont ask the right questions.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Own just one?? No need for further action, I just dont go in that section anymore ...............I just feel bad for the new MV collector that might end up buying one. Im sure he will enjoy the search feature that really does not work if you dont ask the right questions.
Yes, just one now, but I've owned others. I see you're going to keep on. I'm sorry you feel the need to keep the chip on your shoulder.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im sure he will enjoy the search feature that really does not work if you dont ask the right questions.
That is simply amazing. Search doesn't work if you don't ask the right questions? You mean to tell me that if I am looking for information on oil filters I can't just type fire ants in the Google bar?

Another useful tip from the Internet............

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Stop it, STOP IT... all of you..." sob sob. I am a very sensitive person and like Land Rovers not argueing! :wink:

Thread spoilers!

Whiterabbit

Quite the aggravating bunch huh? :mrgreen:

Everyone just stay calm. I love this site and even though I run a British Military Land Rover I still find tons of good, if not great info here. I think we all can agree that narrow topic or vehicle sub forums are great for those with that specific vehicle but it does alienate every one else that doesn't have that XYZ model truck so then you have to make more and more forums to cover every vehicle under the sun. Where does it stop? Not my call.
I do believe the Military Land Rover and a forum for them has been over looked here in the US and could be a potential draw for more new members, those that are searching for a forum of their own. 26yrs and counting in the military driving and working on just about everything Uncle Sam owns and here I am driving, working on, camping in, running parades, going to Rallies and enjoying a Brit Rover.
Go figure.
Oh, see 'ya at the Rally! (if that freak'n head gasket ever shows up) :evil:
100_1528.jpg

Last edited:

scottgs

Do you need a gasket for the Rover? I'm pretty sure I have some laying around. Got whole engines laying around for that matter...

On the other hand, if it's for the Mutt, I've got that too I think.

Lightweight_to_Mutt_Backtob.jpg

Orrrr... if it's the other kind of Mutt...

Sam_Ringo_Nigel2_July07_KIF.jpg

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's down the line from the Train forum and just above the submarine forum.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please give us a home? :)
I've outlined in the past, a lot of foreign vehicle forums will roll into each other. I'm in the middle of migrating the server so the forum structure will remain for now. But a lot of things will start rolling into each other as our forums are way out of hand. (~100 forums and I get emails constantly from users asking "where is this section")

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks