• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whhat to look at now?

l1a1man

16 Dec 09: ok, New glow plugs, new relay starter, new gp selenoid, new fuel filter base, New fuel filter, and a replaced GP mod card.

It starts like it should, runs like it should. When I first start and it is cold the wait light and fuel in water light flicker off and on and there is chatter from these lights? Once the vehicle is warm, the water in fuel light stops flickering but the wait light still flickers stays on dim until RPM's are raised then will turn off?? What to look at now?

17 Dec 09: Ran great for a day and is now won't start. turns over, no wait light and I don't hear the clicking???

Last edited:

Cucvnut

whats your amps gauge read when your warmed up ? is it in the green or still yellow ? have you made sure your belts are tight on your alts and both of them are working properly ? and all the conmnmections are tight liek to your batt's and to the alts ?

l1a1man

it is strong in the green. did it prior to the parts replacment for about a week. it is a M1009, 24V unconverted. all wires are tight.

southdave

I think the chatter is the glow plug relay kicking on and off maybe cycling maybe check the sending units on the heads driver side up front pass. side toward the back or maybe the ground on the body?

Sgt Hulka

I hate to say this as it's only suspicion. I went through a very similar sequence. And it was a flakey gp controller card that was allegedly "good." Is the one you installed a new or used card?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks