• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Brand of Door Glass Weatherstrip and Seals?

Jozseph

Which Brand of Door Glass Weatherstrip and Seals have you used?

I am looking for which brand has the best fit.

Thank You

Joseph

blueblaze

LMC stuff is junk. classic parts is a bit better but still not long lasting in my experience. Ive used a few different companies for weatherstrip on our old chevys. Best I've found so far to be almost identical to original is Fairchild automotive. Can be bought through rockauto. Any door weatherstrip will be hard at first and will need to be worked in (ie will need to slam doors, rolling up windows will be harder). Ive seen alot of body shops use different weatherstrip on the doors that fit but look nothing like the factory stuff because its easier to install and doesn't need to be worked in but the stuff falls apart so fast and cracks like no tomorrow. And if you need to use glue on any of the weatherstripping you have the wrong stuff. None of the factory stuff is glued. Buying NOS stuff in my mind is a terrible idea. Would you buy a brand new set of 30 yr old tires? Youll be glad after you replaced all that stuff, you'll realize how many whistles and other noise goes away.

I should also mention that Fairchild auto is an ISO 9001 company and is an OEM supplier and has been for over 40 years. They may even have been GM's original supplier. Also they come with a 60 day warranty.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I bought Genuine GM last September. they were for a 1991 K 5 Blazer. They are by far the best. they are not budget priced but they made a great jib when I installed them on my Mule.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks