• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which card is which?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pic on the right(posted above, post #1) looks too small to be a GP card.

Here are a couple pictures of CG cards. There are at least two versions of cards. If you look closely, you can see the components on these two cards are not exactly the same. They are both, physically the same size. They both work and are interchangeable.

Attachments

Last edited:

StoneyHill

The larger left one, came from under the dash near the steering column. the smaller one came from the harness that goes into the plug near the transfer case control that looks like some type of multi pined plug with a screw on cap

lindyp38

i posted a pic of the card on the right that i have in my m1008.....its under the dash....closer to the brake pedal....

the container on the left...is empty......

is this my gp control card...?

or am i missing it...?

does the gp control card go in the left container..under the dash......or is it the smaller container on the right....close to the brake pedal?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The glowplug controller card goes in the box by the emergency brake. It is the size of a pack of cigarettes.

The STE/ICE Resistor Board and Tach Buffer Module are next to the round cannon plug under the ashtray and are the size of a Zippo cigarette lighter

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/50551-cucv-switches-diodes-relays.html

The picture you posted in the other thread is either the Tach Buffer or the Resistor Board. I don't have one in front of me to tell you which it is. They are not needed for everyday use. They are only used with the diagnostic tester.

The GP Controller card is getting harder to find. They are on Epay sometime. At one time Jeff at www.flmv.net had some new ones.

Last edited:

lindyp38

looks like ill be needing a glow plug control card.......

where can i get one......i did post a want ad here........just in case if a member has an extra........

thanks