• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Corner location is the right one?

rneely

Putting on my cross bows today noticed there is about a 4 inch difference in height of the strap bolts depending on how I install the corners. The higher way would allow the cargo cover to be stored in a higher location but I was just wondering if there was a "correct military location" up or down? I took so me pictures of the differences.
Thanks for your inputs.

Attachments

dittle

Call me ignorant but why would you want an extra bolt rubbing against the inside of the cover.?????....all it will do it add another hold eventually. I don't have any of those bolts on the bows that I have on my Deuce, was that way when I got the truck out of Camp Dodge.

rneely

The bolts hold the straps that are used to anchor the cargo cover when the sides are rolled up. I just haven't put the straps on yet. I hope this explains it better.

hole

I'm sure someone with the exact reason will chime in, but it appears that you have a mix matched set of bow corners. All of mine are in line. I might be wrong though:roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its really your choice. If they are all in the higher hole, your top will roll up higher.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I found on my 5-ton was the problem with putting them in the higher hole is the tarp is much more taut there and will rub, and wear, on the bolt more.
On the lower hole the tarp sides are loose enough to not wear on the bolt.

There's my 2cents

Cheers

MilitaryRestoration

i believe the hole is supposed to be on the lower side... when it is flipped making it to the upper side, the straps, when attached to the bolt will then be long enough to strap the canvas down when the canvas is rolled up... hope that makes sense lol However if using a vinyl cover you do not need those straps or the screws as most every vinyl cover i've seen have the roll up straps built in... hope that helps

rneely

I changed them all to the lower position as M813rc and Military Restoration recommended. My vinyl cover does not have the side straps as part of the cover. I have straps with Huckle Buckles that anchor the rolled up sides and rear flap. The rear straps are sewn to the cover but the sides straps are bolted on to the corners. Thanks everyone for your inputs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks