• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Deuce???

Buckeye2000

Ok, time to ask the experts: I thought I had my Deuce all picked out (72 M35A2, no heat, no turbo. soft top, no winch). Now I've come across another one and wondered what you all thought.

The new candidate is a 70 with cab heat and is a C Whistler. I haven't seen it in person yet but will try and get out to drive it before Christmas. I did see the 72 and got to drive it.

So here's my dilemma: from what I've read here, the turbo doesn't add a lot in terms of performance so I could probably do without one. The 72 shows a WMO date of 1990 and the depot tag on the 70 got painted over. I can do without the heater (that's what Carhartts are for). The 72 also has full bows and a new tarp.

I can get the 72 for probably about $1500 cheaper than the 70. I'm leaning towards the 72 but wanted to see if there were any other thoughts.

Westech

CPL
its up to you... full cover and all will set you back 500 ish to buy so your saving money. you can always add a turbo if you want. 1500 cheaper is a good thing also..... I would go for the 72 and add a turbo if you want the sound. But a N/A with a muffler is not that bad on the long trips.

Go for the 72

TaylorTradingCo

I have a thought to interject here. I agree that $1500 less including a full bed top system is the better deal, but...

I have two Deuces in running order right now with many more on the way.

One of mine is in great shape with a hard top and a practically new motor in it. The other doesn't even have a top on it, but it has the C whistler turbo in it. I absolutely love to hear that motor sing. Every time I decide to drive one, I will always pick the whistler, even if it is not as nice.

Just a thought.

Derek Taylor

Buckeye2000

I just heard back from the seller of the 70 - both trucks do have the air shift transfer case. However, the 70 is showing over 60k and just under 1900 hours. I haven't seen it in person yet, so I wanted a picture of the odo and hour meter. Also, the 70 leaks air when the transfer case is engaged. The seller said that it's enough to drain the air within a couple minutes.

I'd like a whistler, but this is an easy decision now that I have all the info. Thanks for all of the responses. I hope to bring her home before Christmas and will post pics asap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks