• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which fire extinguisher?

TwoStates

I have the floor mounted fire extinguisher mount next to my seat. What size fire extinguisher fits in it? I bought one at lowes today and it was too big. The household extinguishers are too small.

Thanks.

piodik

OPERATOR’S MANUAL TM 9-2320-280-10 => BASIC ISSUE ITEMS: FIRE EXTINGUISHER: hand, type 1, class 2, 5 lb capacity, NSN 4210-01-149-1356

1FBK1_AS01.jpg

NormB

Thank you; just ordered one.
Having the same "issue" here. I have a First Alert extinguisher in my garage, 5lb, I think. it doesn't quite fit the military bracket. VERY tight in the clamps.

How did the Amerex 5lb work out for you?

Thanks in advance.

Norm

Last edited:

Action

When I was first looking for one, I took the red bracket to walmart to test fit them. Nothing there fit properly, BUT the ones hanging from the columns in the store were the correct diameter. I ended up with a military part.

NormB

When I was first looking for one, I took the red bracket to walmart to test fit them. Nothing there fit properly, BUT the ones hanging from the columns in the store were the correct diameter. I ended up with a military part.
I looked closely at the bracket -with my reading glasses on- and saw the number"818". That's Amerex, fits the B500 can. I ordered one. Amazing what a little caffeine can do. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desmodromic

Amerex B500 5lbs ABC is indeed the correct unit and I found them cheapest at Triangle Fire. $26 a pop seems like cheap insurance for all the $$$ I am dumping into these things. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks