• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Injection Pump for M1009 (85')???

MuddWeiser

AND WHO IS THE MOST AFFORDABLE AND REPUTABLE REBUILDER? I am getting pretty frustrated with conflicting information from 1 rebuilder to another. I am willing to mail the pump out for rebuild - I just want a quality job using the correct specs when it comes to bench flowing for specs.

Im confused, I had sourced a "rebuild" for my injection pump that I just pulled out. But after just phoning again to figure out the logistics of the deal - the shop already has a rebuilt pump they are ready to send me - they just want mine back as a core.

The shop wants to send me a DB2829-4544 but my current pump is a DB2829-4267.

I don't even know if my pump is stock? My pump does NOT have the glass ball return valve that I see people talking about all the time - it has some fancy check valve (like the style of check valve for air in a tire).

I believe that all the different model Injection Pumps (i.e. the 4544, 4267) have DIFFERENT flow rates and pressures, possibly even different timing?

The rebuild shop said the 4544 will work fine in my CUCV, he says it is a Heavy Duty model - and might even give more performance over my current 4267.

SO WHAT DO I DO??? --- I'm confused. Do I take his word and get the 4544? OR do I find a shp that will rebuild my 4267 to 4267 specs? I am also replacing the injectors so I would like the injectors to work properly with the pump - if I change the pump to a 4544 model - then do I have to find a vehicle that had the 4544 and buy that vehicles injectors?

Last edited:

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a DB2-4544 From Orgeon Fuel Injection for my M1009. I do not remember what model pump I removed, but it was not a 4544.

http://www.o-f-i.com/index.php?pid=14#INJECTON_PUMP,_6.2L_&_6.5L

It works well and I have had no problems.

They shipped it right away and I received credit for the core without delay.

They may not be the least expensive place to get a rebuild, but i would rather pay a little more to get a good rebuild and do the install once.

My M1008 will be needing a new IP soon and I plan on purchasing from them again.

MuddWeiser

Thanks for the reply... And for the recommendation.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned only wanting to tear it down once... By no means was it overwhelmingly hard to remove the pump - but it was very tedious and time consuming. I couldn't agree more that the shop I pay $$$ give me a product that I can trust...

So it looks like they want $440 for a pump rebuild... I was quoted $260 from a "fleabay" rebuilder...

The rebuilder uses stanadyne parts but I started to get skeptical when he said something like "we tear it down and rebuild it, replacing parts that are worn" - maybe it was just the way he said it but I took that to mean "we rebuild it as cheap as possible".

I just felt like if I am paying more than $250 to have something rebuilt, I want to know all the wear parts would be replaced, not just the parts that are ACTUALLY worn.

I was then very confused when I was told a 6.2 is a 6.2 and doesn't matter WHICH pump I put on, that the higher # superceeds the lower #...

anyway /end rant.....

What does the "FED" mean associated with the 4544? does that mean it HAS emissions related parts or does that mean "FED EXEMPT"? (or something entirely different)?

Any other shop recomendations would also be appreciated!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks