• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which is the better first truck.

M35A2usmc

Hey guys I know this may sound wierd but I'm going to be a freshman in highscool. I have the green feever. I want to know which truck is better, the Good old regular Deuce or a bobbed Deuce. What are your opinions? the reason I want the deuce is because they are fun to look at and go off road. The parts are cheap and the manuals are pretty much fool proof.

Thanks guys,

Matt

caliber1

Search is your friend young man. There are several threads on the pros and cons of each, and the differences between the A2 and A3....and on and on. If you don't get much through search on here, try google. I enjoy mine as is, but might buy another to bob later on.

tbone1004

bobbed is certainly going to be more manageable both on and off road for normal driving, saves a boatload on tires as well. Bobbing isn't all that difficult or expensive to do properly. Xtreme 4x4 did a pretty good job on bobbing a deuce and that one is still driving. Someone on the board in the midwest has it. M37 may be a better option for you since you'd at least be able to park it in normal parking spots.

M35A2usmc

Search is your friend young man. There are several threads on the pros and cons of each, and the differences between the A2 and A3....and on and on. If you don't get much through search on here, try google. I enjoy mine as is, but might buy another to bob later on.
Well I know Im not getting an a3. Their parts are not as available as the a2 and the engines suck.

M35A2usmc

bobbed is certainly going to be more manageable both on and off road for normal driving, saves a boatload on tires as well. Bobbing isn't all that difficult or expensive to do properly. Xtreme 4x4 did a pretty good job on bobbing a deuce and that one is still driving. Someone on the board in the midwest has it. M37 may be a better option for you since you'd at least be able to park it in normal parking spots.
Ok thanks, and I will look into the M37.

gungearz

4 wheels, 6 wheels, or 10 wheels... Its all personal preference. 10 tires mean you have 5 extra spares. Military tires are cheap, mostly less then car tires. Like caliber1 said.... This is a great place to find all the info you will need on the Duece. Use the search bar and/or google... All your questions will be answered with alittle studying.... Good luck kiddo...

M35A2usmc

4 wheels, 6 wheels, or 10 wheels... Its all personal preference. 10 tires mean you have 5 extra spares. Military tires are cheap, mostly less then car tires. Like caliber1 said.... This is a great place to find all the info you will need on the Duece. Use the search bar and/or google... All your questions will be answered with alittle studying.... Good luck kiddo...
Thanks I go through the TM's and just read stories and projects tha other people do.

welldigger

Well I know Im not getting an a3. Their parts are not as available as the a2 and the engines suck.
I wouldn't say the cat in the a3 sucks. Its just expensive when the time comes to fix it. I'd go as far as saying the cat is light years ahead of the multi fuel. That being said mine has the multi fuel and it runs great. I'm just slowly weeding out the problems you WILL have with a 40 year old engine that there is no telling how the military or PO treated it.

M35A2usmc

I wouldn't say the cat in the a3 sucks. Its just expensive when the time comes to fix it. I'd go as far as saying the cat is light years ahead of the multi fuel. That being said mine has the multi fuel and it runs great. I'm just slowly weeding out the problems you WILL have with a 40 year old engine that there is no telling how the military or PO treated it.
Sorry I just ment I have read stories on how expensive it is and I would love to have automatic but if it stalls it can't be push or pull started. And I also want the multifuel.

eagle4g63

Well, I would look at it like this. Do you have the mechanical ability to do what ever you want to the truck? If so than just buy a regular deuce.....start to drive it around, IF you find it is a little too big to manage(give it at least a month if you aren't use to big trucks) you can always bob the thing yourself.....then if you find out you wish you kept it plain.........well my friend....buy another deuce and sell the bob.....it will bring in more money so you would actually be able to buy a better deuce than you started with.

See where I am going?

You really can't go wrong if those are your ONLY 2 dilemmas.

M35A2usmc

Well, I would look at it like this. Do you have the mechanical ability to do what ever you want to the truck? If so than just buy a regular deuce.....start to drive it around, IF you find it is a little too big to manage(give it at least a month if you aren't use to big trucks) you can always bob the thing yourself.....then if you find out you wish you kept it plain.........well my friend....buy another deuce and sell the bob.....it will bring in more money so you would actually be able to buy a better deuce than you started with.

See where I am going?

You really can't go wrong if those are your ONLY 2 dilemmas.
Yeah I see were your going. And thats a great idea. Thanks,
Matt

steelandcanvas

I love my two A2's. They have motors/systems that are very straight forward and easy to work on, no electronics or exotic stuff to muck up the mess. If it breaks down, sometimes a little jerry rigging will get you home. I may bob one at a later date.

Jakelc15

[B said:
THE ANTI BOBBER[/B];1406607]I love my two A2's. They have motors/systems that are very straight forward and easy to work on, no electronics or exotic stuff to muck up the mess. If it breaks down, sometimes a little jerry rigging will get you home. I may bob one at a later date.
:-?:funny:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks