• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Machine Gun did the 939 series carry?

Hooper

Will be pimping out the 925 with tinted windows and a machine gun ring but wondering what model did they carry typically? If money was no object I would go for the M2 BMG 50 cal. But was curious if some of the ex military folks here knew which model was the standard gun for the 900 series trucks.

Chief_919

Are you asking what ring, or what gun?

As for gun, there is no standard gun for a truck. It will depend on what kind of weapons are assigned to the unit, and that section of the unit, on the units MTOE.

It could be anything from an M249 SAW, to an M60 or later M240 Machine Gun, an M2 .50 or even an MK-19 40mm Grenade Launcher.

If you plan to mark your truck as one from a specific unit, to be "correct" once you have found the unit research what weapons they had assigned during the time period you wish to represent.

mcmullag

wsucougarx, wow! ....for mine, I think am gonna have soldier B ready with a .22 cal Browning semi auto rifle. : ) ammo is expensive, so are big guns. Attached sample M923a2 guntruck.jpgpic appears to have M-2's

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are there any 1919 still in service?
The only 1919s that FedGov still owns are in their museums. And the ones we gave other countries for Lend Lease in WWII. And the thousands we left behind in Vietnam are still technically ours. So you're going WAY back in time.

The M939 series trucks started coming out in the early to mid 1980s, the GPMG at the time was the M-60. So a correct representation of the weapons that could be mounted there would be, M60, M240, M249 and M2HB. If you wanted heavier ordnance, maybe a Mk19 grenade launcher. A minigun would probably NOT be appropriate, ground applications of the minigun are limited, despite what you see in movies.

Last edited:

Hooper

Are you asking what ring, or what gun?

As for gun, there is no standard gun for a truck. It will depend on what kind of weapons are assigned to the unit, and that section of the unit, on the units MTOE.

It could be anything from an M249 SAW, to an M60 or later M240 Machine Gun, an M2 .50 or even an MK-19 40mm Grenade Launcher.

If you plan to mark your truck as one from a specific unit, to be "correct" once you have found the unit research what weapons they had assigned during the time period you wish to represent.

Which gun, I guess I was not clear.

Hooper

The only 1919s that FedGov still owns are in their museums. And the ones we gave other countries for Lend Lease in WWII, so you're going WAY back in time.

The M939 series trucks started coming out in the early to mid 1980s, the GPMG at the time was the M-60. So a correct representation of the weapons that could be mounted there would be, M60, M240, M249 and M2HB. If you wanted heavier ordnance, maybe a Mk19 grenade launcher. A minigun would probably NOT be appropriate, ground applications of the minigun are limited, despite what you see in movies.
The M2HB appeals but I don't have 20k. Maybe I'll modify a propane cannon to look like a machine gun. Correction, 9k, I found them for 9.

Last edited: