• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which MEP is this?

ETN550

It's nice if you can tip the barrell a little bit and install a drain valve at the low point. Keep the supply line an inch or so off the bottom so it cannot pick up water. Water will collect over time and it will rust and pit steel. The low drain minimizes the rust problem if the drain valve is operated preiodically. I like steel myself for anything over 5 gallons or so. It seems to hold up better despite the rust issue. Aluminum would be perfect!

I like to use up the fuel in a years time otherwise a biocide may be needed to control alge or fungus growth. If it is kept outside and could get below 20f then an anti gelling addative too.

In my first house I had a 500gal inground heating oil tank. Talk about perfect. Regrettably, I did not have a diesel generator back then.

ETN550

Hardy Diesel also sells nice little digital Volt/Hertz meters for $20.
Yeah, I have been looking at those. Does anyone have any experience using one? I did read that the display was LED and washed out in sunlight. That is expected to some extent I am just wondering how readable it is in the sun.

derf

I dunno about sunlight washout. Hardy has been around a while, though.
They had an issue with the meters some years ago and issued a recall. I think they handled the issue well and in a responsible manner. I have a couple of them but have not installed one, yet. If/when I find a good, cheap 017 gen head to mate with my L100 Yanmar I plan to use one of the meters and an SX460 AVR.

3dAngus

Be sure to double check. Maybe there is a NSN listed from the conversion. You don't want to put diesel in a gasser or vice versa. The 16Ds are the converted to diesel. Dunno about the rest. Most of the ones at Robins were converted to diesel. Looking at the sand, it looks like that was a Fl. purchase so I'm not sure. Close up pictures would help some.

Isaac-1

I have one of the Hardy LED meters (from the recall batch, recall was due to missing strain relief on the cord which allowed the sharp edge of the plastic hole in the case to cut into the cord), it is not readable in direct sunlight, is marginally readable in shaded areas or with cloudy a sky or if shielded from the sunlight by a hand, etc.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks