• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

which model is this?

red

Thats if its still there. There are guys here that if something rare (and cheap) hits the forum, they'll google map your location and find the thing by sattallite (sp?) photo and be out the door in an hour. :p

Hmmmm my brother lives in Utah.......
hmm, my location could be a few differant places that this thing is located at. could it be in 2 places in tooele? sandy? way up north? southern utah? :-D

area52

Is that the only wrecker there? If you don't get it, let us know where it is. I know I am interested!!:p

I found a 246 down the road from me 3 years ago and the old man won't sell it to me. :twisted:

Good luck.

red

if i dont get it for whatever reason i'll post up the info, and if i do get it i'll post up the info about all the other trucks there. its the only wrecker that i saw, i'll let you know if they have another hiding.

KsM715

Dont worry you got time. (a few days anyways) :-D Now if you found something with tracks........

Just kidding around. I dont have any money right now and I'd be living with my brother if I told the wife I wanted another truck. Hope it works out for ya.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats if its still there. There are guys here that if something rare (and cheap) hits the forum, they'll google map your location and find the thing by sattallite (sp?) photo and be out the door in an hour. :p

Hmmmm my brother lives in Utah.......
:ditto:

If Red wants the truck he better go buy it tomorrow. That thing is way below market value. When they told me $1,000 I would have said "sold" right then and there before they had time to change their mind but I do have $1,000 burning a hole in my pocket :wink:.

red

lol red would have said 'sold' right off the bat as well if 1. he knew how great of a value he had found and 2. had the money readily available. been rebuilding my credit since i was 17, **** identity theft

red

well went by the place today and took a close look at the m246. guy that was watching over the yard today didnt have much information about any of the vehicles so i'll have to either call them or swing by another time :roll: , guy 'thinks' the m246 is $5k and $4k for any of the other vehicles, i'll get confirmation of the actual price soon as i can. pictures of the m246 and all the other trucks they have there.

military trucks pictures by redhead1987 - Photobucket

i really like what i see in the wrecker, needs work of course but doesnt look like it needs much. gonna talk to the credit union to find out how much i can get a loan for and hopefully (fingers crossed) i can grab it, if no loan maybe be able to put some money down on it to have him hold it till i return from my deployment (leave jan 17th return in august).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone post a pic that isn't photobucket (can't open at work). If it's 1K jump on it!:-D

area52

5K is a little steep if it does not run ( and no way to check the crane also) But the body does look in good shape. Plus that gasser motor sucks on mileage but it has lots of torque.

Good luck.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well 5K is alot more than 1K. That would more than likely be more than I would pay. I'm cheap though and I don't have 5K in my pocket :wink:. If you sell me a truck, more than likely you sold it too cheap :-D.

red

lol that sounds like me. my current daily driver is an 84 chevy k30. $300 for the truck, $250 for a replacement running 454, $300 for tires.

like i said the guy there today seemed to have no idea about the vehicles so i'm going to try and figure out the actual price tomorrow when i call them. yes they are pretty rare, and i like it alot so i could probably haggle the price down some.

Last edited:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
In one of your pics the 246 has 5000 written on the left rear. Is it just me or do hardware stores in Utah have more interesting stuff than the ones other places?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$5K, huh?

Value is in the eyes of the beholder.

IRS Rule on determining Non-Cash Charity Donations: "What a willing buyer will be a willing seller." This can be applied to any "valuation".

IMHO: Employ your VERY BEST negotiation skills and find out just how hungry the present owner is.... Don't just roll over and pay his first-stated price.

red

well i've got them talked down to $3400 bucks, just processing the loan paperwork but looks like the m246 is mine. the other trucks are still available along with alot of other misc parts that are floating around in the back. place is called 'smith and edwards', located north of ogden.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Red, im to far away but others closer might be interested in whats there, how about a list of whats there

Brian Thomas

Red, Good luck getting anything out of there for a reasonable price. The reason they still have it, is cause all the prices are a joke. I went up and wandered the yard and they hit me hard for a couple of stupid things that didnt amount to more than a few bucks any where else. I talked to a buddy that knows the guy at the gate? He said we could go and fill a truck for less than a 100 dollar bill. I dont know if he has any pull on getting trucks for a good deal too.

hate to say it but they are not a reasonable store. I looked at one picture in your photo bucket and knew right where they all where. So buyer beware.

red

thanks for the heads up, the trucks are the only thing i've asked about there and was able to get the m246 down to 3400 bucks (havent signed the papers yet), gotta agree with the statement about the workers there though. one of the guys, if he finds out your military he seems alot more willing to work on prices than the others. if i have time tomorrow i'll take a look down in Tooele, there is a guy down there that collects/restores MV's, dont know if he will be open on sunday though. i'll be out of town most of next week, headed to Dugway again for another range mission.

about local trucks for sale i found a duece on ebay, running, for about the same price. my loan is approved for up to 5500 (all i asked for), lol i'll keep looking when i get back from the range.

i dont know the model numbers of the other 3 trucks there but here is a link to the pics i took of them the other day. the first 14 pics are of those still available, last half are of the wrecker military trucks pictures by redhead1987 - Photobucket

1 tanker
1 tractor (in the best shape overall)
1 that looks like a small tanker (really beaten up)

Last edited: