• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which oil do you use?

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jake0147 said:
FMJ said:
I've been told that mixing Synthetic and "Regular" oil is a no-no, or is this an old wives tale?
Old wives tale. If you'd like, you can buy it pre-blended right off the shelf.
I just started using the synthetic blend in my non-MV, daily driver. I like the way it keeps a cleaner appearance at the oil change. I've heard good things about the "blend." It lasts longer amd leaks less.

I'n all about Rotella 15W-40 in the deuce with 20% Lucas Oil Stabilizer added.

I'm curious now after reading this thread, whether the Coastal or Delo is maybe a better product.

Need to keep studying.

Lex_Ordo

I'm just getting started and was told that a once a year full filter and oil change will keep everything in fine working order.
I also picked up, at the advise of a Club memeber, the Oil filter spin on adapter kit from JA Tonka to reduce the wear that is associated with the cartridge filters and lack of oil pressure on a cold start.
In a month or two I plan on picking up the new adapter kits offered for Spin on fuel filters too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks