• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which paint and which codes/colors?

Jimma

I have used the paint from RAPCO. It goes on really well and looks good. I have used both the gallons and the spray cans and they match perfect if you use zylene as the thinner. Other thinners alter the color and sheen. Also thier prices are very good and its afordable. I would not hessitate to use it.

ryker725

I accepted ranchhopper's offer to part with a few gallons of his 383 green CARC Type I. I'm going to use that as a base coat and will rattle can the brown and black with some good paint. May get some Rapco for this. That seems to be a popular method.

I'm also thinking about having the interior floor and bed floor sprayed with Line-X.

sp00n

What is the collective opinion on using Krylon "camo colors" spraypaints? I'm only interested in green and black on my truck, and I'm not sanding it to bare metal. If the green is a little shiney or not quite 383 carc color that doesn't bother me, I've used it before (non-automotive) I'm just curious to its durability on a truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks