• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which spin on filter mod?

dpaulus

Is there a general consensus on which spin on filter mod to go with? Pressure Gage's, clear bowl with heater, most complete with part #'s.....?

Thank you.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpyrobb has a kit for sale in the classifieds. Many users have installed it. Price is great.

rwminck

As I recently installed my primary fuel and oil filers, I can say the micron rating is smaller so I would say more efficient at cleaning, but the biggest reason I installed mine was for ease, and near instant oil pressure. Getting the primary off was just too much hassle IMO.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sensor is what leaks most of the time.

If the filter itself leaks, you just change it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
do you think the spin on filter is mor effective than the factory set up ??
I don't think the factory filter blocks water, it just turns on a light. I don't know what the factory filter is rated at in microns, but the ones I have are 5micron. PM if you want more info.

truck1

Once the spin on base is installed, filter changes are easier and not as messy as the OEM setup. A fuel pre- heat option is also available. You can also install a filter with a screw on clear base ( below filter) with drain petcock to monitor any water in the setup and drain as needed. Definitely better engineered than the OEM filter. Many threads are posted on this subject if you search. Overall an easy upgrade to a poorly designed system.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I recently installed my primary fuel and oil filers, I can say the micron rating is smaller so I would say more efficient at cleaning, but the biggest reason I installed mine was for ease, and near instant oil pressure. Getting the primary off was just too much hassle IMO.
He is talking about a Cucv fuel filter not a Deuce.

Barrman

I have 3 of the sets ups Chris is selling. Great stuff. However, whatever you end up getting. Check out the filters that fit it, how much they cost and if they are a number carried on the shelf of most auto part stores. Having a non stocked filter that has to be ordered a week in advance will just make you mad everytime you look at it and could leave you stranded when on the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks