• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which states does GL send a title to instead of the SF-97

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I am looking for input on which states GL will send you a title instead of the SF-97 form. I believe some states wont accept it so buyers in these states get a title. Can anyone chime in on this?
Thanks
Will

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good question, I have recieved AZ titles for all the trucks and trailers purchased through GL. No SF-97 recieved to date.
JC

Stein12501

A little off subject but I just received an AZ title back on a m105 trailer and had to retitle it in MO with no problems. When I gave them the notarized letter showing what I paid for the trailer and tax they would not accept the paid tax receipt. I had to pay the sale tax again and have to go back to GL to get my tax money back from them. Missouri just changed the forms that they will accept for sales tax. In my case it was only $14 but on a bigger purchase it could add up to some big money. Just a heads up.

pad_cdr

In Iowa. I used to get the SF97 from GSA auctions five years ago, and that worked. From GL, I got a Florida title four years ago on my m35a2, last year when I bought my m818, they switched to an Arizona title.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Question to you guys who received titles from GL. It would appear if they send a title it is either a Florida or Arizona one. Did the title come with your name on it or was it titled to GL and signed over to you. GL receives the sf-97 in their name and then signs it over to you the buyer with a bill of sale.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the title contains the info that you entered with GL for the SF-97. Be real specific when you complete the form/application.
JC

Triple C

I received a Florida title but it was not in my name. Don't remember exactly how it was named but I do remember I had to title it to transfer the ownership to my name. If it would have been already in my name I would not have gotten a Missouri title, there wasn't a loan so it didn't really matter what state the title was from. I WAS surprised they made me get an ID/OD inspection even though I had a bill of sale and a title, with the corresponding serial numbers and the purchase date. Since I was getting a historic plate the truck didn't have to have a mechanical inspection.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try live chat with GL and they will probably tell you. I asked them several weeks ago if they would also complete the KY Title Application form (answer: No), and in their reply they listed the states for which they provide the title rather than SF-97. As I recall there were about 10 states. I might still have it printed out in the folder with all my paperwork, but am out of town at present...I can check on Thursday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks