• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which tag in FL?

Which Tag Should I Get?

• Horseless Carriage

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Antique

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the replies.

I have State Farm Green_gator and the cost per year is about $450. It is a supposed to be a commercial policy for personal use. I haven't gotten the policy yet, that is what my agent told me. I'll post the details when I get them. I didn't go with collector insurance because I may move a load of rocks or some other heavy object.

ALFA2, I'm not parking it at my house so there's no issues there. I was thinking that if I ever do want to park it at home, it would be better to have the Antique tag to take the wind out of the code enforcement peoples sails.

Johny5

I visited the DMV office and that's exactly what they told me. They even printed out the relavent regulations. HOWEVER the problem that I ran into is that Seminole County won't allow any vehicle with more than two axles or with a cargo capacity of more than two tons to even enter any residential zoned area except "to make deliveries". Absolutely no storing it there, working on washing it, putting air in the tires or anything else! That stopped my plans for a Deuce so I got an M37 instead!
Did they tell you that or did they mess with you after you already had the truck?
Was it county or City ?
I am trying to recall seeing anyone that has a box truck, or trucks with more then two axles at peoples houses recently.

Dodge man

That was Seminole County and AFIK it applies in all unincorporated parts of the county that are zoned residential. I didn't get the Deuce because of this. :-( I had already found one and gotten the wife's ok and was on the way to sign the papers when I found out about this restriction. But I did get an M37 instead. The restriction doesn't apply to it and so far I've had no trouble although one of the neighborhood crackpots has been standing outside and staring at it every time I start it up! I don't think the other neighborhood crackpot has sobered up enough to realize that it's here yet!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks