• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which TM for rebuilding my brakes?

Adam Brice

Hi guys.
I went ahead and purchased 6 new wheel cylinders, all new seals, a few wheel bearings, a few springs, and all new shoes for my 109a3.
I've got the first rear wheel apart, and it appears pretty straightforward, but would love some tips or tricks, and would like to know which TM contains info on this. I've been looking through them, but my phone is not the best, and downloading all of them isn't an option!
Thanks in advance.
Ps, I got all my parts from big Mike's, so no ebay or off brand stuff and yes, I bought the 3" 8 point socket, and I will clean up the inside of the drum before reinstalling.

Attachments

Adam Brice

The -24 and -24P manuals should cover this. They are in the TM section of this site, look under the Deuce, because the M109 Shop Van is just one of the many variants of the M-35 series of deuce-and-a-half's.
I checked out the TM'S, either I'm not looking in the right place, or there's just not much info. I found an exploded diagram, and that's about it. I did find a pretty good YouTube video on adjusting the brake shoes, though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks