• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which TM manual

sammi91

I am looking for the TM manual that will tell me how to check the fuel injection pump on my deuce to make sure it is working correctly. It is getting fuel to the pump but not through it so I need to do some checking. I have looked for it but am going insane because I cant find the TM. Any help would be great.

sammi91

Yep it moves fine. I at first pulled the head and found the retainer on the bottom that holds the little metering button was broke so I replaced that. I reinstalled the head and aligned the red mark with the pointer on the pump and still no fuel out the top of the head with no lines on it. I think I read somewhere that the red mark was supposed to be in line but I also read it should be one tooth back. Anyone know for sure? Also if I take the nut off top of head will I see if the rod is working?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The pointer should be at the "valley" of the tooth. If you pull the plug from the center of the HH, you will not be able to see it move, but if you put a wooden dowel or a plastic pen in there, you should feel it move up and down. Be warned, fuel will flow out while checking.

sammi91

I actually hope some fuel will come out. If it is moving up and down and the lever moves freely and there is fuel at the head what else could be the problem?

sammi91

I have had this out a couple times once for seals and now for this problem. It moves like it should and I can feel it moving the block. I will have to recheck the red mark and go from there.