• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whistler doesnt whistle anymore

dmetalmiki

wow.. hope you have a good fix...about two years ago a Turbo blew on my 5 ton..and resulted in the worst jouney ever!we were towing a deuce..and with zero oil pressure and no oil..we "siphoned" oil from the deuce for the 5 ton. and then the journey the rest of the home was Terrible! about 5-8 mph max...and smoke as dense as a warship behind!..That journey was a "wish I was near home Right now" event..pulling in the driveway <eventually> was relief beyond belief. If I had been nearer (very near) I would have "a barred" with the deuce. (one on a gearbox failure we did, but only 4 miles and SLOW. (brakes and lights interconnected)

Since we're on the subject, When I make the trip to recover my 72 M35A2, she'll be making a little over 500 mile drive. I'm planning to install a pyrometer before leaving the previous owner's place. and since he added a giant muffler to the exhaust stack, I have no clue what the EGTs are gonna be like in this truck. Is it more acceptable to drill and thread the exhaust manifold with grease in the flutes of the drill and tap, or would it be safer to just go ahead and unbolt the hair dryer and make some clearance for the shavings to fall out? Considering the cost of that little part if it goes south, and the fact that I don't have a money tree, I wanna be as careful as possible. :popcorn:

rattlecan6104

I have heard of using the greased tap working just fine, if it were up to me, I would pull the turbo just to be safe sea foam deep creep was my best friend in pulling the hardware without breaking, if you can, have the previous owner run the truck to operating temp the night before and then coat it with that stuff after he shuts it down, that may be your best bet if you wanna pull the turbo, just keep in mind that if you bust a stud, you are essentially stuck for a short while.

Oh yes, there will be pictures! Lots and lots of pictures! lol Everything from the recovery to the bob job will be thoroughly documented as this is my first MV and first bob job. I pride myself on my vehicles being different from anything anyone else on the road has. Weather I'm driving by on the highway with the rubber band wound tight, or just putting along, I don't want to be mistaken for someone else. Weather it's a unique vehicle, or my shiny head going by, I'd want every one to say "There goes Tim!" or "There goes Redbeard!", depending on who sees me and where they know me from. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks