• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whistler turbo question

wcolt45

I decided to pick up a whister and try it in place of the D,heres the question,should there be side to side play in the propeller shaft? very little end play but twice as much side to side comparing to the D i removed.

Flyingvan911

I think both should hardly move side to side at all. Do the vanes come close to the housing? I know there isn't much room to start with. You might think of having it looked at before installing it. If it needs to be rebiult, now's the time. Saves having to take it back off.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't know about that. I have seen some with what I would consider a lot of slop. As long as it doesn't come in contact with the sides you should be ok. Once you get oil pressure up, there will be less play in it. In the past, I have run pressurized air through the turbo's exhaust turbine to see if it would hit the sides. You can certainly tell if its a whistler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks