• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whistler's Mother

KsM715

How is your M105 frame attatched under the deuce frame? Bolted, welded? I have mine bolted on but have not done any offroading with it yet.

coondog

Its stitch welded only, I still need to weld fish plates above the spring perches. But its holding up, as I've been to KSrockspark, In Fort Scott, and made a few of the trails wider by driving over trees, I also found out that Mother is a lot louder when you knock off her smoke stack.

Last edited:

coondog

Corndog thats mighty funny. Anyway, We bought 8- 20" combat wheels, $112.00 apiece, Had the new centers (1/2 inch plate) cut on a water jet table in Wichita but they forgot to countersink for lug nuts, $75.00 apiece, Still need to cut old centers out with cutting wheels. Countersink lug holes $?, and weld in new centers at 4" backspacing, and then paint. We had a bid from Ag Tire and Wheel in Wichita for $575.00 a wheel, finished and painted. That would be the way to go. They would have already been on the trucks. But we must be pinching pennies and not time. Corndog I may rename my Jack Russell, Harry that.

Last edited:

coondog

It seems to me, you need to focus more on play than on your job!

SAFETY FIRST
Here is a story that happened yesterday.
Whistler's Mother was stuck in the mud. A couple in a Jeep offered to pull me backwards. So we hooked up a 30' tow strap with about 4' of slack. When he hit the strap he moved me enough that I could get out. But, His wife was looking back between the seats, at Mother and Me. When they hit the end of that strap, The back of her head busted out the front windshield, of their Jeep, She had a slight headache but I'm sure, she will be fine. I gave her a, Hungarian Army Helmet for the next time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks