• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whistling Wheel Cylinder

codyharper15

I put new rubbers in my wheel cylinders and when I was adding in the brake fluid, one of the cylinders kinda whistles (or maybe the rubber rubbing on the cylinder) when compressing the brakes, but not when letting off.
Before I spend the time taking off my wheels again and diagnosing the noise, I was wondering if anyone knew what the noise was and if I should even worry about it.
Thanks!

DieselBob

Have you bleed the system ? Could be air in the line at the cylinder. That would be my fist idea. You can remove the tires/wheels and the little inspection cover on the brake drum to check for leaks at the wheel cylinder without pulling the hub/drum again.

SMOKEWAGON66

:funny: "whistle while you work...."

...but seriously though...i would agree with dieselbob...air in the lines maybe...other then that I have no idea.

codyharper15

Ok sweet, I'll re-bleed that cylinder tomorrow. After going through all bleeding all the cylinders, the pedal is spongy all the way down, so I hope it is just air in that cylinder and not leaking! Thanks guys.

codyharper15

I was doing it the two person way. I have a bug spray bottle accessible, but it doesn't have a pressure gauge on it. I didn't want to mess anything up pumping it with a too high of pressure, but I guess get a gauge I will try that.
The order I bled was this:
1. Airpack
2. Passenger Rear
3. Driver Rear
4. Passenger Middle
5. Driver Middle
6. Passenger Front
7. Driver Front.

I had my wife pump three times and hold, than I opened the screw, closed it, then she let off. When there was no more bubbles, I moved onto the next wheel. Just like the TM says. I might just give the pressure sprayer a try tomorrow.