• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White top m1009

muttly

IMG_2427.JPGGood morning all,
I just bought a 1985 m1009 to add to my collection and would like to know why it has a white roof and an amber strobe light. Also what does the CU0197 number designate? Please don't poke fun at the pimp my ride front seat and steering wheel I will get that changed back to original equipment soon.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The white over OD green is the old Army admin vehicle scheme, used for non-tactical vehicles, MPs, etc.

Unless the Army wanted a 1009 in an obsolete scheme for some special use, I'd personally theorize that a previous civilian owner painted it that way.

CU0197 would be the registration, but someone better acquainted with the Army system will have to advise on whether that is accurate or made up.

The amber strobe in various forms is a fairly common feature on M1009s

Cheers

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The real Army registration is stamped on the vin plate in the door jamb. The stencil looks bogus.

muttly

The real Army registration is stamped on the vin plate in the door jamb. The stencil looks bogus.
I suspected as much, something about the font just didn't look legit to me either. Other than the paint job, front seat, and steering wheel it appears to be unmolested. Thanks for the help