• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

who carries parts for an MEP-805B genset? I need an air cleaner cover +

scootertrs

who carries parts for an MEP-805B generator? I need an air cleaner cover + several other pieces. Is there a general source for parts for these other "green" toys? I have tried most of the usual suspects. Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
Ask Superman. He might have something. It might help if you gave us a list and part number/NSN for the item. I assume, by air filter cover, you mean the Item number 42, of Figure number 8, page 0009-3. NSN: 2940-01-174-4181, Part Number: P11-9711.

The SMR Code in the parts manual tells me the possibilities of getting the cover alone, are slim and none, unless you go to the manufacture, or some kind hearted person will sell you just the cover. The cover's original cost was approx $22.00. The below listed companies provided air filter housings to the military.

CNH AMERICA LLC700 STATE STRACINEWI53404-3343
DONALDSON COMPANY INC.DBA TORIT PRODUCTS1400 W 94TH STMINNEAPOLISMN55431-2370

scootertrs

Thank you for your reply and assistance.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, The manual I thought that applied to this genset gives me the part nos as (BTW I am not opposed to purchasing the entire unit... if I found the civilian part no... ):

1 XBOZZ XB XBOZZ 30554 88-21046 CANNISTER,AIR CLEAN................... 12 PAOZZ PAOOO PAOZZ 18265 P18-2059 FILTER ELEMENT,INTA................... 13 XBOZZ XB XBOZZ 18265 P11-9711 COVER,FLUID FILTER.................... 14 XBOZZ XB XBOZZ 18265 P10-1870 NUT,PLAIN,WING........................ 15 PAOZZ PAOOO PAOZZ 18265 P10-6593 VALVE,VACUATOR........................ 1

I could find none with numbers similar to those you listed, but I am sure I have seen that cover before. Maybe in a tractor or a diesel water pump... either way, what I seek is a round "lid" that is identified as No. 3 in the list above that includes number 4, the wing nut.

I will contact Superman and again, thanks for the help.

Ask Superman. He might have something. It might help if you gave us a list and part number/NSN for the item. I assume, by air filter cover, you mean the Item number 42, of Figure number 8, page 0009-3. NSN: 2940-01-174-4181, Part Number: P11-9711.

The SMR Code in the parts manual tells me the possibilities of getting the cover alone, are slim and none, unless you go to the manufacture, or some kind hearted person will sell you just the cover. The cover's original cost was approx $22.00. The below listed companies provided air filter housings to the military.

CNH AMERICA LLC700 STATE STRACINEWI53404-3343
DONALDSON COMPANY INC.DBA TORIT PRODUCTS1400 W 94TH STMINNEAPOLISMN55431-2370

lindsey97

Call Donaldson tech line with your air filter part number, they will be able to tell you what the series of air cleaner is in your machine, and give a breakdown of each part that makes up an assembly. Then you will have to find a Donaldson dealer to order the parts needed.

I had to do this for my MEP-802a. Search ebay as a well once you get the right part numbers.

scootertrs

I'm on it. Thank you and be safe.

Call Donaldson tech line with your air filter part number, they will be able to tell you what the series of air cleaner is in your machine, and give a breakdown of each part that makes up an assembly. Then you will have to find a Donaldson dealer to order the parts needed.

I had to do this for my MEP-802a. Search ebay as a well once you get the right part numbers.

Guyfang

Staff member
When I get back to the barn, I will look up the part number for Donaldson. I think the problem is that my part number came from a parts manual that is newer then yours. But need to look when I get home.

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, I guess I should have started from the top. All TQG's have the same air cleaner. So you should be able to get a top from someone with a junk gen set. From MEP-802A all the way to MEP-806A, they are all the same.

Now, I was looking at an OLDER parts manual, when I gave you this info in message #2. Doesn't matter. We were looking at the same info, just different format. In message #2., I gave you a NSN and part number. P11-9711. That number was the same as the one you looked at in your parts manual. In your message, you wrote, P11-9711 COVER,FLUID FILTER.

Same number. I had more info, (NSN) because I looked in the back of my manual, in the section that changes the manufactures part number over to a NSN. Sadly, your manual doesn't have the information, or you didnt know to look it up. BUT, now you know, and can look in another manual, (for instance the MEP-805A) for that same part and PART NUMBER. It has to be the same. Not close. The same. And most other manuals have an NSN in the parts explosion picture, or in the back of the book, where you can crossover the part number to NSN.

The next bit of info I had, that you didnt have is WHO made it. When you want to know who made it, look at the CAGE CODE. And you did have that in your manual. 18265 P11-9711 COVER,FLUID FILTER

18265 is the "codename" for the manufacture. Every company that supplies parts to the military has a CAGE CODE. How do you get the name of the company from the cage code? Well, as much as I hate to say it, GOOGLE IT. Simply write CAGE CODE 18265. It will come right up. The address you should be able to find easy.

Now I have a question for you. What manual are you using? Did you download it from SS? If not, then compare your manual to the one in SS and make sure that the manual you are using has the latest date, and then look to see if it has the latest update/change.

Another tip. When trying to find a part in flebay, or when you look in your browser, ALWAYS, if you can, include the NSN. You will have much better luck finding a part.

scootertrs

Again, Thank you all.

Wow!... I guess I have a lot to learn, even at my advanced age (65). I have homework to do.

I just plugged in cage code 18265 in Google and came up with Donaldson...

on a different topic... what is the meaning of "Cage Code" why not call it manufacturer, etc. Anyway, my gripe, I guess because I was not part of the "in crowd". Now thanks to you guys, I am!.

BTW, another aside, many members may be unaware that several type colors when used on top of OD Green background are unreadable to some of us. For example, the red on top of OD I cannot see... I just see some discoloration where the letters are but nowhere near enough to be able to decipher the words. Some websites spend large sums creating works of art when in fact some of us cannot even fathom what is its content.

Thanks again all

OK, I guess I should have started from the top. All TQG's have the same air cleaner. So you should be able to get a top from someone with a junk gen set. From MEP-802A all the way to MEP-806A, they are all the same.

Now, I was looking at an OLDER parts manual, when I gave you this info in message #2. Doesn't matter. We were looking at the same info, just different format. In message #2., I gave you a NSN and part number. P11-9711. That number was the same as the one you looked at in your parts manual. In your message, you wrote, P11-9711 COVER,FLUID FILTER.

Same number. I had more info, (NSN) because I looked in the back of my manual, in the section that changes the manufactures part number over to a NSN. Sadly, your manual doesn't have the information, or you didnt know to look it up. BUT, now you know, and can look in another manual, (for instance the MEP-805A) for that same part and PART NUMBER. It has to be the same. Not close. The same. And most other manuals have an NSN in the parts explosion picture, or in the back of the book, where you can crossover the part number to NSN.

The next bit of info I had, that you didnt have is WHO made it. When you want to know who made it, look at the CAGE CODE. And you did have that in your manual. 18265 P11-9711 COVER,FLUID FILTER

18265 is the "codename" for the manufacture. Every company that supplies parts to the military has a CAGE CODE. How do you get the name of the company from the cage code? Well, as much as I hate to say it, GOOGLE IT. Simply write CAGE CODE 18265. It will come right up. The address you should be able to find easy.

Now I have a question for you. What manual are you using? Did you download it from SS? If not, then compare your manual to the one in SS and make sure that the manual you are using has the latest date, and then look to see if it has the latest update/change.

Another tip. When trying to find a part in flebay, or when you look in your browser, ALWAYS, if you can, include the NSN. You will have much better luck finding a part.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW, another aside, many members may be unaware that several type colors when used on top of OD Green background are unreadable to some of us. For example, the red on top of OD I cannot see... I just see some discoloration where the letters are but nowhere near enough to be able to decipher the words. Some websites spend large sums creating works of art when in fact some of us cannot even fathom what is its content.

Thanks again all
Here is a tip to help you with that. When you can't read something very well you can click on the text and either highlight it by dragging with your left mouse button down or click {CTRL} + A keys at the same time. This will "select" the text and change the text color and background color for what is selected. In my case it causes the text to be all white with a blue background.

scootertrs

Thanks for the tip. I have been quoting the text and doing a "non-reply-reply" then it appears as black text on white background. What is even more interesting is that most web designers are young, and with either perfect or much better than mine color discrimination. Amusing sometimes is that some web sites that cater to seniors, do not take that issue into consideration... How much time are you willing to give to a pitch that makes it so difficult to see what they are pitching. I have gone on pages that appear to be perfectly blank and in fact it is full of info yet all I see is a dark blue page... my son saw it and he said... nothing wrong, I can see it fine... print was red.

Oh well, the benefits of old age... I guess the alternative was not much better.

Here is a tip to help you with that. When you can't read something very well you can click on the text and either highlight it by dragging with your left mouse button down or click {CTRL} + A keys at the same time. This will "select" the text and change the text color and background color for what is selected. In my case it causes the text to be all white with a blue background.

Guyfang

Staff member
Again, Thank you all.

Wow!... I guess I have a lot to learn, even at my advanced age (65). I have homework to do.
Yes you do. That's the nice thing about this forum. The learning. Yes, it's important to fix your problem, but it's just as important to learn some new stuff! We are not old, just well aged. Better looking too. I am 63. Still learning, and having a good time.!
I just plugged in cage code 18265 in Google and came up with Donaldson...

on a different topic... what is the meaning of "Cage Code" why not call it manufacturer, etc. Anyway, my gripe, I guess because I was not part of the "in crowd". Now thanks to you guys, I am!.
The CAGE Code. Is also called the FSCM. Means: Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used toidentify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
How about yellow? I use colors to separate my comments from yours, when I use the reply using a quote function.
Thanks again all
Anyway, my gripe, I guess because I was not part of the "in crowd". Now thanks to you guys, I am!.

There are many people in the forum who don't know what a cage code is, or some of the other information that is in the TM's. Thats because they were not in the military, or didnt have much to do with the supply and maintenance fields, in the military. I try and explain it here, so people can get ALL the info from the parts manuals, that is there. Most of this info is explained in the introduction of the parts manuals. But few read them. Yeah, I know, all I do is nag, nag and nag some more about this stuff. But we can learn a lot by reading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks