• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

who do you recommend for rebuilding CUCV injection pumps?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a few CUCV M1009s in the area I am looking at, relatively-rust free units which I like, but two of them have IP issues, and will probably require rebuild. Do any of you recommend anybody who rebuilds these pumps, good job for a good price? I priced new injection pumps from NAPA and SHEESH! Need another mortgage.

Want to get back into MVs but just want to see what options for rebuild are out there so I don't discount these decent CUCVs solely for that reason.

Crewdawg141

Have a few CUCV M1009s in the area I am looking at, relatively-rust free units which I like, but two of them have IP issues, and will probably require rebuild. Do any of you recommend anybody who rebuilds these pumps, good job for a good price? I priced new injection pumps from NAPA and SHEESH! Need another mortgage.

Want to get back into MVs but just want to see what options for rebuild are out there so I don't discount these decent CUCVs solely for that reason.
Have you looked into B&D Fuel Injection in Fredericksburg? They quoted me at $550 for a rebuild of my IP. I have not checked lately to see what they might have in stock to do a 1 for 1 swap. I have heard nothing but great things from other diesel guys about the quality of their work.

dependable

I had one done last year by americandieselservice.com. It cost about $450. The guy I talked to knew the different specs and applications of the DB2 IP. Some places just rebuild them all to a common spec.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Theres a company on eBay that does it for less than $300. Have heard alot of good things about them. User name is dieselcare.
I USED them and it is a fantastic service. Perfect. Put it together and drove it to the GA rally right after all the way from NY. Then back to NC. Just drove it two days ago. Zero issues. Use anyone else and you are just throwing money away. Just be sure to tell them it is for a J code truck so it is adjusted correctly.

Good of luck I know you have been hunting a CUCV for awhile now.

Corvette1974

Accurate diesel.
Tim is a great guy.
This! Superior service, Tim is awesome and his communication is fantastic. Just sent mine out two weeks ago on your recommendation. Very fast - I think they rebuilt it in about 1 day, with a total of a week and a half turnaround because of shipping.

Stanadyne certified rebuild, they rebuilt and sent back my exact unit with a new data tag listing the rebuild date and sealed in a bag. The quality of the work is so nice, I don't even want to put it in the M1028, I'll have to fully restore it to match!

Will

Edit: Find me at Rausch and I'll show you it 8)

Chaski

Just to toss this out there there seems to be two classes of pump "rebuilds"

Anything cheap isn't really a rebuild, it is more of a reseal. The common inexpensive rebuilds have the advance piston bore reamed to accept a larger oversize advance piston, as the bore is aluminum and wears. The rest of the cost is the seal kit and labor.
It may include a used head and rotor if needed.

The more expensive rebuilds do all of the above and use a new head and rotor. The head and rotor are the heart of the pump. If they are worn the pump won't work as well. The tolerances are so tight between the head and rotor that wear cannot be measured with standard measuring tools. So,rebuilders look at them and use eyeball mojo to judge the condition of them. They confirm the eyballl mojo judgment on the test bench when they run the pump. Honestly, if you have a good low mile pump that just leaks because the seals are 30 years old your core is golden. I'd be leery about exchanging a nice low mile core that most likely has a servicable head and rotor. The last thing you want to do is trade in a virgin standard size advance bore case with a low mileage head and rotor and receive a resealed pump that has a case bored out to the largest possible size advance piston and has a marginal head and rotor on it that can out of a junkyard K5 with 300,000 miles on it.

All rambling aside, rebuild, do not exchange your pump.
If money allows get a new head and rotor.
Conestoga Diesel is a reputable shop if you need one

Last edited:

lavarok

This! Superior service, Tim is awesome and his communication is fantastic. Just sent mine out two weeks ago on your recommendation. Very fast - I think they rebuilt it in about 1 day, with a total of a week and a half turnaround because of shipping.

Stanadyne certified rebuild, they rebuilt and sent back my exact unit with a new data tag listing the rebuild date and sealed in a bag. The quality of the work is so nice, I don't even want to put it in the M1028, I'll have to fully restore it to match!

Will

Edit: Find me at Rausch and I'll show you it 8)
Third! Accurate Diesel is a great shop and a great bunch of guys. They've done 3 pumps for me.

2015-03-22 23.02.16.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks