• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has done a M915A1 Fuel Filter Change

bguy193

Ok Guys Here We Go.
I'm gonna change the fuel filter on the big girl and I couldn't find a primer or a bleeder anywhere on the beast. So I was wondering if you just top off the new filter with fuel, screw it on, and then get to cranking or what??? I would hate to air lock the fuel lines and have to start cracking injector lines.... so any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The thing on the frame is a fuel heater.

I do the same thing, fill the filter as much as I can and screw it on and crank the **** out of it.

I went through a fuel filter every 500 miles just about for a few months. would act like it wasn't getting fuel. Come to find out there was a strip of rubber hose and one of the plastic dust caps in the fuel tank, that would block the intake tube! Had the same filter on her now for over a month without issue. My filter budget is thankful!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks