• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has my old trucks now?

Andys_CUCV_Site

Hi guys.

I dont know if any of you remember Andy's CUCV site that was around in the end of the 90's beginning of 2000's and probably got yanked off of Geocities a couple of years ago, but if you do...I'm Andy.

I have been out of the hobby since I sold off my 2 favorite trucks, a 1985 M1009 with a nice mockup of a radio package in it (I sold it to someone in CA); and a 1969 M35A2 with winch with the D engine, ILARNG markings (sold to someone in MI). The M1009 was shipped by car carrier to CA, and the deuce was picked up in Chicago and driven back to MI by the new owner.

I am kind of curious where these trucks are now. I know the CUCV has a good chance that it might be around (it had a fresh military overhauled humvee motor in it) providing it didnt get wrecked, and the deuce, well, those just last forever, and this one was a really sweet one too. So here I am with this long shot in trying to see where these trucks are now and what they are doing.

By the way, great to see that Steel Soldiers is what it is today, I remember when it first got on the net, great to see that it is a totally happening place with what looks to be one heck of an active message board! Great Job!

Anyway, here are some photos of the trucks in question...if it looks familiar, let me know!

(I'll cross post this to the CUCV forum as well for good luck :wink: )

Andys_CUCV_Site

Hi guys.

I dont know if any of you remember Andy's CUCV site that was around in the end of the 90's beginning of 2000's and probably got yanked off of Geocities a couple of years ago, but if you do...I'm Andy.

I have been out of the hobby since I sold off my 2 favorite trucks, a 1985 M1009 with a nice mockup of a radio package in it (I sold it to someone in CA); and a 1969 M35A2 with winch with the D engine, ILARNG markings (sold to someone in MI). The M1009 was shipped by car carrier to CA, and the deuce was picked up in Chicago and driven back to MI by the new owner.

I am kind of curious where these trucks are now. I know the CUCV has a good chance that it might be around (it had a fresh military overhauled humvee motor in it) providing it didnt get wrecked, and the deuce, well, those just last forever, and this one was a really sweet one too. So here I am with this long shot in trying to see where these trucks are now and what they are doing.

By the way, great to see that Steel Soldiers is what it is today, I remember when it first got on the net, great to see that it is a totally happening place with what looks to be one heck of an active message board! Great Job!

Anyway, here are some photos of the trucks in question...if it looks familiar, let me know!

(I'll cross post this to the deuce forum as well for good luck :wink: )

Andys_CUCV_Site

Aww heck, an even bigger long shot here. This truck went to a farm in MI (what's with these being so popular there? 8) ). Maybe it didnt stay a farm truck, or did it? It is a non-turbo hardtop cab version. I cant remember if I sold it with the bed canvas or not, but here are some photos showing the markings. It had solid green CARC paint

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remeber the site well. You had one of the best M1009s around. Are you getting back into MVs? Why did you leave if you don't mind me asking? You had a couple cool cars on the site if I remember correctly.

I think I bought a tow bar from you also

Chuck Herbert

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy Michalski! 'Bout time you spoke up! Have been wondering for a while what happened to you after you sold the trucks. I never did get one of the deuce tractors at great lakes but I do have a nice deuce tractor. Anyways, welcome back to the hobby brother.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Andy!! Great to see you back online. You were my first link back when SS started as Chris' CUCV Homepage on MSN. Blast from the past brother!! The web sure has changed since we had our simple free sites back in the day eh?

Andys_CUCV_Site

Wow, some guys I havent talked with in a while!

Chuck, I kind of lost interest in MV's, couldnt afford a humvee that would be the next step in the hobby (when the USMC ones were out there), the M1009 started to get boring, got sick of paying rent to park the M35's, etc. At the time I started getting back into bikes also, just a change of interests. I'm not getting back into MV's now, just was curious how my old babies were doing lately, awww. :lol:

Kenneth, I remember that trailer, got a good story too. I sold that to someone and when the 18 wheel flatbed truck came to pick it up, my buddy and I drove with the flatbed driver over to a warehouse under construction so that we could ramp it up on his truck. Too bad it was just after a snowstorm, so the flatbed just spun its wheels trying to back up to the loading dock of the warehouse (deuce got inside ok though, gotta love 6 wheel drive). After that didnt work, we drove the deuce with trailer in tow to South Bend IN from Chicago with the flatbed guy following to dump it off on the flatbed's next stop, another deuce with a 5 ton motor that he was going to pick up for the same guy that bought my trailer, there was supposed to be a ramp there somewhere that could be used. Fun unplanned ride in the deuce in the dead of winter, good thing it had a heater kit!

Chris, yup, things are sure different that back in the day! You know, I still have all the HTML code squirreled away from those days, so I guess in theory my site could be resurrected. Hey, if you think that crude mess could be of some use to someone and you got the space, I'll fork it over for nostalgia's sake, let me know. I see you got a mog, man those are cool! I test drove one of those from that guy north of Atlanta that was importing the Swiss ones back then, sweet rides. Really wanted one, but that old cash flow thing got in the way...1.5k for a deuce in drive away condition from the DRMO, or 7K for a mog...you can tell where I was going.

Anyhoo, good to see you guys here, I cant really get back into the mil vehicle scene due to a few reasons, but I'm still into cars. Right now I'm toying with a 300 hp V-8 Monte Carlo, thinking a bit of getting a Mustang, and generally being a car buff now. Here's a pic of my latest ride...

Great hearing from you guys again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks