• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has my tires ?

bozozimbo

I won a set of six 900x20s on Ebay.....they were shipped, stacked, on a pallet the 22nd. Who would have thought that a major trucking company could "lose" over 500 lbs of tires.
I will withhold the trucking companys name in case they happen to turn up this coming week.

If this was happening to someone else it would be pretty funny.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've purchased the same from the same seller no doubt. Since its on the way, I'll be picking up my tires in person. I got lucky that way.

bozozimbo

Hes in NC...i'm in Las Vegas....a little too far for me to pick them up, although I wish I could have.
Hopefully they will turn up this coming week. Its really hard for me to believe that they have been stolen.

rdixiemiller

I bought 16 tires from Berg Supply, picked out the ones I wanted. Hs's a good kid, if you have any problems give him a call. He will do his best to make things right.
As for things getting lost...
I had an entire 53' trailer full of unpainted engine hatches for Yamaha Wave Runners get lost. The trucking company never found the load, although they did find the trailer in their yard. Shut us down for 4 days, we couldn't build any boats.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jimbo and others west. Search Ebay for military tires. There's a guy in AZ I believe that is running a similar operation to Chip Berg. FYI

bozozimbo

The tires in Arizona guy might be Daniella in San Diego. I bought a couple new ones from her for the front of my duece. 100 bucks each, brand new Fidelity and 25 bucks shipping FEDEX. Not a bad deal at all.

spicergear

Call the trucking company and jump on their sh!t about it. There's so much cross docking of this and that stuff gets misshipped, regretably, frequently. I could however...be worse considering ALL the product that gets truck and pallet shipped. Overnight lost my 1160/3208 CAT motor!!! It took them a week to find it. Oh, another tip is to try and use a shipping broker like Unishippers or someone like that. That way is if something is lost, you call them and they DO NOT want a bad rep so they will call the shipper and be a humongous pain for them until it's found. Don't feel bad about pestering them of giving them a piece of your mind. It IS their responsibility to complete service on their end.

Desert Rat

SG,
Yes I fully encourage everyone to harass to the fullest extent the brokers!!!!!!!!!!! Those S.O.B.s take 60% or more of what you are paying for themselves and the driver is left to fend for himself after the company cut, fuel, truck necessities, food and so on. I know this first hand. I have no problem forcing them to listen to my [complaining] . Oh yes, if you get curbside delivery, don't forget to tip the driver. He's the last person to see any leftover money from the broker and company. Drivers on a good day might make 20% of what you're paying a broker.

bozozimbo

Well....heres an update. A pallet of six 900x20 NDT tires have vanished off the face of the earth. USF is the Carrier.
Heres the good news...Chris Berg in NC is fully covering the loss and has sent out a duplicate order.
What a great guy....and great communication and service.

fredrader

I called the # below and asked about some tires and the lady told me since I wanted 10 I needed to talk to a guy named chip for a discount price..He hooked me up with 12 of them @ 75% + tread 900x20's for $360 shipped on 2 pallets [thumbzup] I saw there auctions on ebay and decided not to bid on any but just call them direct..Seems like that's the best way to do it to save money..If anyone wants his info here it is.. Berg Supply in Fayettville NC..

The bad part about getting the new tires is it will cost $25ea to have them removed from my truck and tires dismounted and the new tires mounted and mounted back on the truck..$25 sounds cheap untill you multiply that times 11 :banghead: ..And that is only if all the tubes come out w/o any damage...I mite need to find some tubes somewhere..He said they were like $20ea from his supplier :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: [color=#000000>[b]<SPAN]<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">rom his supplier 9.00 x 20<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> <SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>[/b][/color]

[color=#000000>[b]<SPAN]<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">10.00 x 20<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> <SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p>[/b][/color]

<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>[b]11.00] <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> <o:p></o:p>[/b][/color]

<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>[b]14.00]</o:p>[/b][/color]

[color=#000000>[b]<SPAN]<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">16.00 x 20<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> <SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p>[/b][/color]

<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>[b]18.00]</o:p>[/b][/color]

<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>[b]12-16.5<o:p></o:p>[/b]</FONT>

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>[b]15 - 19.5<o:p></o:p>[/b][/color]

<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>[b]15]</o:p>[/b][/color]

<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>[b]17.5] <o:p></o:p>[/b][/color]

[color=#000000>[b]<SPAN]<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">37 x 12.50 R 16.5 <SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p>[/b][/color]

[color=#000000>[b]<SPAN]<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">395/85 R 20<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> <SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p>[/b][/color]

[color=#000000><SPAN]<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">36 – 12.5 R 16.5<SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 2"> <SPAN style="mso-tab-count: 1"> <SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p>[/color]

<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">[color=#000000>[i] <o:p></o:p>[/i]</FONT>

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT][3]<FONT color=#000000> <o:p></o:p>[/color][/3][/color]

<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 24pt; COLOR: #3366ff; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Call (910) 485-8800 for prices<SPAN style="mso-bookmark: OLE_LINK1"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 24pt; COLOR: #3366ff; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">…<o:p></o:p>

MVtrucker

You should at least put new tubes and flaps in the front runners. Tubes stretch and when reused they often create folds that chafe and cause leaks. Personally, I never reuse a tube when replacing tires. I'll reuse a flap if it's pliable and does not have any cracks.

fredrader

I was thinking about new in the front but I am trying to find a cheap place to find some tubes..If I can get some at a good price I mite go ahead and get 10 or 12...Thanks,Fred

Loose Deuce

What is the best size tire I can go with to do a super single conversion on my Deuce with useing the wheels that I have now which are the standard wheel. I know I will have to do some hub changing. :confused:

Where do you thing I can get the best deal on tires and it be reasonable to ship to South Mississippi. :confused:

I found a set of new tires hid under a bridge once, (low Water) and another time a new chrome bumper still in the box. I figured some truck driver was going to make some money on the side. [:)]

Loose Deuce

Question about these surplus tires. Why is the Military getting rid of so many good tires, a lot of them look new even.

Other question about super singles. When did the Military start going to the singles? I was watching TV and saw the US useing a 5 ton hauling those Palistanions (spelling) in Baroute (spelling) when that war was over in 1981 I think. well anyway the 5 ton looked like it had the super singles on it. [^]

rdixiemiller

All vehicles being deployed overseasto the combat zones get new skins. Even the spares are getting changed out. Some of the tires I picked up from Berg supply were brand new 900's, still had the hairs. They had to have been spares from a deuce or a trailer. Many still had tubes and flaps.

bozozimbo

The tires....or at least the replacement set.....showed up today.
These are very nice tires. 75% to 100% tread.

I can recommend Berg Tires and Chip Berg personally as a great businessman and an even greater individual.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks