• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has ordered from LMC

caladin

Once I complete the painting and rust cleaning of the cab I plan to replace all of my rubber. LMC has it very nicely spread out in the catalog but CK5 forum guys seems to have a 50-50 chance of getting good vs crap from them. Here is what Im looking to replace. Any recomendations?

Cab seal Kit w/Black Trim $150 <38-6256>
Lower Side Seal - LH $40 <38-6192>
Lower Side Seal - RH $40 <38-6193>
Rear Glass Rubber-Upper $70 36-6199
Tail Gate Seal-Lower $25 38-6963
Window Seal Kit $60 <38-5655>
Window Channel Kit $99 <38-5651>
Vent Glass Seal - LH <38-6074> $20
Vent Glass Seal - RH <38-6075> $20
Aluminum Door Sill Plate Set <38-2402> $30

ranchhopper

LMC has high shipping rates they go by how much you spend to calculate shipping I usually go to brothers or grumpys truck parts instead. I never had a problem with LMCs products just their shipping rates but they might have changed their shipping policy since I bought from them years ago.

johnsr

i have ordered from lmc. i have got the front leafsping bushing and hanger kit for a 88 k1500 suburban, the shifter boots for a 85 k10 pick up(4 speed with a np205 tcase) and other odds and ends. evry thing has fit/worked great. as for the rubber seal for your doors and windos, be carfull i have had some problems with them fitting right(never got them from lmc though).

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered my door panels, side marker and tail lights, rear view mirror, side mirrors and an underhood light from them. The shipping is high but everything was packaged well. I haven't found anything to complain about. Yet.:beer:

lnnayers

i have ordered from them with good results as well. if you are going to order the vent rubbers, be sure to get the replacement rivets for the upper pivot.

1redgmc

I've rebuilt two trucks with LMC parts. I've purchased an equal amount from other vendors. I agree - shipping is high with LMC - so it pays to consolidate the order if you have the ability to do so.

Stating what has been said before - quality varies. Some of the reproduction parts are junk, while others are equal to OEM quality.

I've found that SOME of the rubber pieces I've purchased do NOT have the UV resistance of locally purchased / OEM items. They deteriorate rapidly, and do not hold up well at all. In particular - windshield and rear window rubber did not last. Window channel and vent rubber? No problem.

I'm not trying to steer you away from LMC - as I've been satisfied overall and only had trouble with the few pieces I've mentioned.

Good luck!

I used Classic chevy truck parts of America. I have also used LMC. Overall, Most all of the items I have purchased from Classic Chevy were of better quality. Particularly the seals and weatherstrip.

91W350

I had good luck with them, if I shopped around, I could generally buy cheaper and get cheaper shipping. Their products always seemed good, they never sent me anything that got damaged by shipping and they were fast. I would go back if I needed something. Glen

Atwater

vent window rubber was one of the things i got from lmc. wish i had not bothered as the new seals dont fit or well seal nearly as well as the originals:x.
the hood i got seems ok, the door i ended up not using, wish i had just spent more time finding a good original.
overall i personally prefer, when possible, to go elsewhere

NPD732

Most of the seals are still available from Chevy. Get the part numbers from the TMs and order from your favorite online discounter. They may cost a little more, but they will outlast any of the aftermarket seals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks