• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has the most Kilometres/ Miles on their CUCV?

sandcobra164

I would rather see compression test results and oil pressure readings.
Rick you need to start another thread about compression checks. I doubt if many guys here or anywhere ever took the time to do a compression check. I never checked never checked the compression on any CUC/V's I owned. I would say 90% of the people that own vehicles don't check the compression. If it runs it runs if not then diagnose and fix it. I have never had to check compression number 1 I don't own a compression gauge. No 2 if these engines don't have enough compression they will not start and run. As far as oil pressure if the engine is not tapping and wrapping I never checked that either. I have put 2 oil pressure gauges in my CUCV/V's. Both were just for novelty items. I ran DUDE M1028A1 173 K Bone stock. Never even added a radio. And I want to add this also. I never changed a harmonic balancer on any CUC/V I ever owned or serviced. Call me lucky or just say. If it is not broken don't fix it or if it works why mess with it. I found that the less you change and the more you just maintain the longer the entire vehicle any vehicle for that part will last and you will have less issues to deal with. I am a rubber mat/crank window type of guy. OK I said my piece. thank you. Have a great day.
We can do it together. I'm certain my CUCV is a low mileage unit and 3/4 or it's miles came under my ownership. It's still sitting on factory Firestone rubber. If we need to purchase gauges, we can both buy in and form a consensus measurement which may be helpful.

rsh4364

I would rather see compression test results and oil pressure readings.
Rick you need to start another thread about compression checks. I doubt if many guys here or anywhere ever took the time to do a compression check. I never checked never checked the compression on any CUC/V's I owned. I would say 90% of the people that own vehicles don't check the compression. If it runs it runs if not then diagnose and fix it. I have never had to check compression number 1 I don't own a compression gauge. No 2 if these engines don't have enough compression they will not start and run. As far as oil pressure if the engine is not tapping and wrapping I never checked that either. I have put 2 oil pressure gauges in my CUCV/V's. Both were just for novelty items. I ran DUDE M1028A1 173 K Bone stock. Never even added a radio. And I want to add this also. I never changed a harmonic balancer on any CUC/V I ever owned or serviced. Call me lucky or just say. If it is not broken don't fix it or if it works why mess with it. I found that the less you change and the more you just maintain the longer the entire vehicle any vehicle for that part will last and you will have less issues to deal with. I am a rubber mat/crank window type of guy. OK I said my piece. thank you. Have a great day.
Thanks,I just like gauges.

cucvrus

If we need to purchase gauges, we can both buy in and form a consensus measurement which may be helpful.

No thanks I will pass. I am not about doing un needed work. I have vehicles on both sides of my driveway waiting my attention. If it ain't broke don't fix it. And if i don't see it by looking at it I don't worry about it. Sort of like going to the Dr. myself. I go there feeling fine and they do my compression check and right away I have 20 things wrong with me. I feel fine and take care of myself and my CUCV and we all live happily ever after and then some. Or I worry and take pills and do all sort of life changing and parts changing and end up falling over will shoveling snow or the CUCV blows up on I 81 because of a broken crank shaft. You want to pull the crank and get in magnafluxed while you are at it? The list goes on and on. Just check it out run it if it starts and keep the fluids full and clean. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving. I have a smoked bird waiting that needs cooked. The gauge on the wall says it is getting later then you think. I will be doing some CUCV work today. I can smell it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks