• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who makes the best steering stabilizer ????

Drock

I'm at the point where I need to replace the shocks + steering stabilizer. There seems to be quite ah few after market versions of these. The intent is to use this truck as a daily driver. What would be the best steering stabilizer for this. Thanks

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A new Moog stabilizer takes care of my 11.00/20's. No shimmy or shake whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

usabamaman

Rancho

I just installed a Rancho Steering Stabilizer. I have not driven it yet as it is still in the body shop. If you are not is a real hurry, I should be able to evaluate it in a week or so and let you know how it does. It is massive compared to the OEM and I expect it to work really well.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1009 is a daily driver. I installed a Rancho stabilizer on my M1009. The part number is on my thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?125140-M1009-Tie-Rod-End-Replacement-Project&highlight=
The steering is so much more crisp and responsive with the new components.

While you're under your truck, try to break the tie rod adjusting sleeves loose. If they don't budge, replace the tie rod end, bar, stabilizer, and shocks. Make sure you use a quality grease in the ball joints (I use synthetic). Take your truck to a reputable shop and get the front end aligned.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it is the same stabilizer. If you want to make sure, call your local auto parts store and give them the part number I referenced. Find out which trucks that part fits.

usabamaman

Rancho Steering Stabilizer

I finally got to do a very short test drive with the new Rancho steering stablizer. It made a huge difference in handling and stability. I think is was the 5200 series. It is about 50 percent heavier and larger than the stock one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks