• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who needs a three speed tranny? Do we have a “donations” forum???

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’d love a “ free donations” or “free give away” or “free” forum. I got parts to give away. We all do. I’d be happy to moderate the forum.

I have a TH400 tranny that works. I swapped it out for my 4-speed. It’s in the way.

I’m in Brooklyn, NYC. It’s free to the first person who takes it.

INFChief

I’d love a “ free donations” or “free give away” or “free” forum. I got parts to give away. We all do. I’d be happy to moderate the forum.

I have a TH400 tranny that works. I swapped it out for my 4-speed. It’s in the way.

I’m in Brooklyn, NYC. It’s free to the first person who takes it.
Dud the 400 come off a 4x4?

INFChief

Was there a 2wd HMMWV?
Read his post; I realize it’s in the “HMMWV” section. But he didn’t specify HMMWV & he said TH400. If it is a TH 400, those came in 2wd & 4wd vehicles. I don’t know if a HMMWV came with a 400 or if they were all the 4l80 variety. Maybe you can clarify for me?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
INF my friend…

With respect (and a little humor).

After 659 posts and almost 1 year on this forum, are you really asking if the TH400 is the same as a 4L80e, and are you really confused as to whether this unit came out of an HMMWV? And what would be the difference if any b/t a TH400 from a 2WD and a 4WD besides the parking lock?

:doh:

Last edited:

INFChief

INF my friend…

With respect (and a little humor).

After 659 posts and almost 1 year on this forum, are you really asking if the TH400 is the same as a 4L80e, and are you really confused as to whether this unit came out of an HMMWV? And what would be the difference if any b/t a TH400 from a 2WD and a 4WD besides the parking lock?

:doh:
Yes. With respect; we’re not all as knowledgeable as others. Thanks for the teaching moment.

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
There’s a local jeep group that buys takeouts around me in VA Beach. They offered $350 for my trans/tcase and shafts when I did my 4L80E conversion. Just a thought that someone might want it local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks