• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who says you can't pull a Deuce with a pickup truck

Ridgerunner

I bought a Deuce parts truck this week. Myself and Jeff (gunnerbear) fired up the old F-700, and went on a 150 mile road trip, to recover the axle-less Deuce. It went pretty uneventfull for a recovery, which is a good thing. The Dually pulled it no problem, almost like the truck was made to pull a load:driver:

The Deuce is complete, minus seats, top and axles. The guy I bought it from said that with batterys it would fire up. We'll see, as I haven't had time to really look it over, to see what I all got. The odometer says just over 5000 miles and just over 300 hours. Lots of good parts I hope. I'm going to go out and look it over some today.

Attachments

L999here

...nice score...

Yep...w/o the running gear probably weighs about 3K or less. Good job of getting it on the trailer and secured for the trip. Lots of good parts.....esp. the engine/tranny and fuel tank and radiator.....

Seth_O

I've never seen an F700 before, amazing how much it and the deuce look alike in that 2nd pic. Looks like a good score, congrat's.

stumps

A real F700 is in the same, or slightly higher tonnage class as the deuce. I haven't a clue how a F700 PU truck would be rated.

-Chuck

hoop

Yep...w/o the running gear probably weighs about 3K or less. Good job of getting it on the trailer and secured for the trip. Lots of good parts.....esp. the engine/tranny and fuel tank and radiator.....

Closer to 8K+.

Ridgerunner

A real F700 is in the same, or slightly higher tonnage class as the deuce. I haven't a clue how a F700 PU truck would be rated.

-Chuck
The GVWR for just the truck, fully loaded is 33,700#
I don't know the tow capacity, but it should be fairly high.

It runs the RS2300 Rockwell axle, for the rear drive. It's the same rear axle in the big Peterbilts and Kenworth trucks.

Ridgerunner

what do you plan on doing with this recovery
My Deuce is 40 years old, and not getting any younger. So it's nice to have extra parts on hand, when the need arises. I have the building space here, so I'll throw it in one of them for now.

I'm up for selling stuff off it though, to get some of my money back, if that's what your getting at. What do you see that you need?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks