• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who sells cargo straps ???

maverick

Hi guys, a friend of mine is looking for the cargo strap that goes across the back of the tailgate / cargo bed on the deuce with clips at each end

Cant find anything here in the UK can anyone tell me where he can get one or does a member have one for sale ???

Thanks for your time :)

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I've always heard them called....I think that was what was written on the hand receipt that listed all the BII that you had to sign for when you were issued a vehicle.
That's exactly right, because that's what they were for, to keep troops from falling out of the truck when the private driving for the first time dumped the clutch with 2 dozen troops in the back.

johnh uk

Hi guys, a friend of mine is looking for the cargo strap that goes across the back of the tailgate / cargo bed on the deuce with clips at each end

Cant find anything here in the UK can anyone tell me where he can get one or does a member have one for sale ???

Have you tried American canvas on milweb ? also Dave at Eastern Surplus has them in stock but postage can be expensive ?

m816

Driver said his deuce can haul twelve fully equiped army troops. But he can haul sixteen fully equiped marines. I asked him how he could do that? Simple he said,Load twelve marines in the back and drive twenty feet and slam on the brakes. You can now load four more in the back. Don't forget the "troop strap" You cannot use the vehicle without it. An inspection finding it missing will automaticly "dead Line the truck.:beer:

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I will be in England in Oct. Could bring one with me to save you some $ . I also have a friend with a scrap yard in Takely England that collects MVs and has deuces. Let me know if you need his number!

johnh uk

Well at the risk of abuse for hi-jacking an old thread,could anyone tell me where to look for records of when the troop straps changed from natural fibre to man made ? I thought I had found a good one , however it is a 'newer version' nylon type. any help/guidance greatly appreciated:) and are the 'old type' still available to buy ?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks